cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much insurance deductible for broken Note 2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How much insurance deductible for broken Note 2?

Wanted to know how much am I going to pay out of pocket for a broken Note 2?  I have the regular 11$ a month insurance through Sprint.

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How much insurance deductible for broken Note 2?

$200

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, it's a total rip-off. They charge $11 per month and then there is a $200 deductible. And for all that they will only replace your phone with a refurbished used one. That's not an insurance plan, that's a scam. Save your money.

Highlighted

jimmyspuds,

Thanks for posting. Your deductible is $200. Your charge is $11 per month, per device, if enrolled in Total Equipment Protection (TEP). http://bit.ly/ZGvw3W

If you add up the cost of your monthly cost and your one time cost it's still cheaper than the outright price of the device (MSRP) which is $649.99.

$11 TEP a month X 24 month contract = $264.00 + $200 deductible = $464.00.

And technically you are eligible every 20 months with Sprint, so you could upgrade before your 24 month contract is up which saves you $33.00.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whoopi. Rip off. 33.00 savings?  Judt get a brand new one from amazon for 179.00 and free 2 day shipping

Highlighted
Journeyman

That price on amazon is only if you sing a new contract not for actual costumer Lec85

Highlighted

Lec85,

I do greatly apologize if your upset.

The only way you would be eligible for that low subsidized pricing would to be eligible for upgrade and sign a 2 year agreement.

Even though it's a $33 savings. It is a savings nonetheless.

Have you taken a look at pre owned device selection? http://bit.ly/ORAJAI

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted

oscar684 ,

Thank you very much for your assistance.

We really appreciate your input, time and valued business with us.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I usually do not get the insurance because if it's under warranty, which is about a year, they charge you $50 and replace it with a refurbished one. After a year, to me it's not worth the insurance.

Highlighted

MARCDOUG11

I hear what you are coming from. However, the insurance does have its benefits. The warranty will only cover for manufacturer or device defects. Should anything go wrong outside of those parameters, such as the device obtain water damage, become lost/stolen, or drop and break, the warranty will not cover or replace it. In one of those scenarios, the insurance is a great option. As George stated earlier, even with monthly cost and the highest deductible of $200 it would still be cheaper than having to pay the full MSRP which could range from $500+.

Zena

Social Media Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just finished talking to Sprint customer care about a lost phone. They offered me refurbished smartphones like HTC-Evo at a price of $100 - $135. They did not have a refurbished Galaxy S3, which I was looking for.

Yet, since I had been paying $11.00 for total protection (insurance), I called the insurer for a replacement. They offered me a refurbished (not new) Galaxy S3 for a "deductible" of $150.00. Now, like you said, if they gave me a brand new phone, it would be considered kind of legitimate insurance. But, when the deductible is the exact price of a used phone, it is called a scam or a rip-off or cheating, etc.. Above all, we were not given a concise document stating all these conditions before we signed up. I repeat: "INTENTIONAL RIP-OFF".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zena,

You also make it sound as if the insurance gives you a new replacement. THEY DON'T. They only give refurbished phones at their market value and call it "deductible'. I bet you already knew that. I still say RIP-OFF.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat