cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much insurance deductible for broken Note 2?

Highlighted

Re: How much insurance deductible for broken Note 2?

tgedamu1

I understand where you are coming from.

Yes, the device being sold from the insurance company is refurbished. However, please be mindful when he use the term "refurbished" it does not necessarily mean the phone was damaged or defective. It just means the device may have been activated at one point and time. Once a device is activated it can not then be sold as "new" not matter how long it was activated for.

We have no intention of ripping off, and we don't want you to feel that way. The deductible is $150 because of the higher end device that it is. However, the deductible amount still comes out to be a cheaper option than having to pay for a new device, at full retail value.

If you would like my assistance with anything further, please let me know.

Zena

Social Media Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually the insurance deductible is able to be billed with AT&T, as I was an employee for them and had the ability to charge the deductible to the customers account, if the insurance company (which is Assurion) did not allow for the customer's deductible to be billed. AT&T goes above and beyond for their customers, that's why they are one of the number 1 cellphone providers, even after going bankrupt and making a come back. They know how to empathize, assure, and understand their customers and show the customer's loyalty in return for the customer's loyalty to them. I am very upset that I did not keep my account with them due to their plans being more expensive than Sprint. They have excellent customer service and understand the hardship that their customer's may be facing. If a company wants to keep their customers they will go beyond the call to keep them satisfied as well as exceed their competitors. It should not be hard to bill an insurance deductible to keep the flow of revenue versus loosing customers because they aren't willing to empathize and assure a customer that they actual care for and need their revenue to succeed. Sprint has good pricing plans but needs work on the customer service end or they will be needing to merge with one of their competitors as ALLTEL had too. You have to be willing to work with the customers whom are the reason for your jobs and company's livelihood.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The name of insurance: TOTAL EQUIPMEMT PROTECTION  implies better coverage than is given. 
It should be TOTALLY EXPLAINED at purchase, WITH DETAILS IN WRITING.

Highlighted
Master

I personally think TEP is just a waste of your money, because Asurion will send out phones that are not refurbished (refurbished means a device that is fully checked and ALL issues are taken care of), Assurion just does a factory restore and cosmetic fix on them and out the door they go, people have been complaining a lot because they receive phones that have, sometimes, more issues then the one they had before.

Just my 2 ¢

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

You can get a new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 for $500. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

EXACTLY.

my problem is, I use "common sense" alot of times and it always bites me in the a$$....to me "Total Equipment Protection" sounds linda like "TOTAL EQUIPMENT PROTECTION" meaning if there is ANY issue, problem, trouble, etc. with the EQUIPMENT I am PROTECTED TOTALLY, especially when the device just drops dead fror no reason at all for a customer who babies their phone.

The $11/month I pay and have been paying should count towards the new device (or refurbished device)...otherwise the $11/month is just money I'm throwing away.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

unless the device blows up or is destroyed beyond use i wouldnt even bother with using it. screen cracks and you can get it replaced for roughly the same price as doing the $200 deductible and getting a refurbed phone. but this is across the carriers with Asurion.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat