cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I FINALLY picked up LTE....

Journeyman

I FINALLY picked up LTE....

and what an absolute joke. I've been with Sprint for a long time, and even though I NEVER GOT TO USE WIMAX on my original EVO, I signed another two year contract because of the low price and the fact that everyone else is moving towards data caps ans shared plans.

You know the iphone commercial where Sprint talks about having the ability to upload and share pictures and videos without a limit because unlimited data should be a right? What a joke....if my LTE speeds are LOWER than my friend's T-Mobile prepaid plan how am i suppose to share anything?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: I FINALLY picked up LTE....

seoulbrova,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the LTE service. Don't you feel it is much faster than 3G?

Regards,

Jen R     

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

hahahah Jenny, you think 4 and 5 Mb/s is fast?? I wonder what speed you work with?!

On Sprint's defense, if you just got the 4G in your area, they probably are still working and testing, and not up to their full capabilities.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Dj_Damjano,

Thank you for posting. I did not say whether I thought it was fast or not. I was asking seoulbrova if LTE in her area was faster than 3G so that we may take further troubleshooting steps. Thanks for the input though.

Regards,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

"Don't you feel it is much faster than 3G?"

Is this a joke? Look I understand as a Sprint employee that the horrible data speeds and broken promises of wimax aren't your fault, but seriously? Well yeah, it's faster but that's only because the regular speeds are absolulely horrible. Anything is faster and better than what Sprint provideas as their 3G service.

I love how Sprint has their iphone5 commercials about not having throttled speeds and people having a right to unlimited data to share the human experience...when your LTE speeds can't compete with other networks' 3G speeds..then you certainly have a problem don't you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally got 4G LTE this week and take a look. You should try updateing your PRL and your Profile and see if it helps. If you just got LTE don't expect a lot until they finsh updating the tower so you can see 4G speeds from 3 Mbps to 30 Mbps until they are finished. They have been teasing me for the past week but the past 48 hrs it's been steady. Well worth the wait.

phone1.JPG

seoulbrova,

There are many reasons why your LTE speeds maybe not up to par with the speeds we advertise. Sprint's vision project is being rolled out across the country, there are areas where LTE is in the beta stage. Can you provide your zip code & nearest cross street? We appreciate the feedback you've provided, please feel free to see what speeds we're expecting our customers to see on our LTE network --> http://shop2.sprint.com/en/coverage/support/important_coverage_info_popup.shtml

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Master

seoulbrova wrote:

and what an absolute joke. I've been with Sprint for a long time, and even though I NEVER GOT TO USE WIMAX on my original EVO, I signed another two year contract because of the low price and the fact that everyone else is moving towards data caps ans shared plans.

You know the iphone commercial where Sprint talks about having the ability to upload and share pictures and videos without a limit because unlimited data should be a right? What a joke....if my LTE speeds are LOWER than my friend's T-Mobile prepaid plan how am i suppose to share anything?

4G LTE is very signal dependent for speeds. 5Mbps is pretty normal for a fringe coverage area from my experience.

It is pretty likely the tower you are connecting to is far away from you and you are on the edge of its coverage. The "bars" on your phone only represent your voice signal. The bars do not show 3G or 4G data signal strength. At the moment with the towers still being upgraded, it is extremely likely you are connecting to an entirely different tower for 4G LTE from your voice connection.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat