cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KitKat 4.4.2 Coming Soon Per Samsung.

GrandMaster

Re: KitKat 4.4.2 Coming Soon Per Samsung.

you do understand that there is quite a bit of back and forth between Sprint and the manufacturers when it comes to the updates right? example...Samsung does their thing with the update..passes it to sprint..srint then tests it on some of their phones on their network to see if there are any issues spotted..if they do then it goes back to samsung to be fixed, something added or taken out..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Samsung Opensource Release Center

DIY update is live if you are tired of waiting for Sprint.

L900VPUCNE2

SPH-L900_NA_SPR

Journeyman

Which one do we need to download for the Note II? Would assume you posted the right one up?

Chris

Journeyman

You can not flash that to your phone please do not tell people you can. That is the open source files for developers and consumers to look at. Please everyone do not try and flash that. everyone needs to just see this as proof that the update is done and tell sprint to release it already.

Journeyman

Sprint and some people say that samsung still has not released the update. For i had got a response from samsung rep. He had emailed me saying that it is up to sprint. Because Sprint has the update,and had it for some time now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The open source posting is just to build the kernel... which is already ready to go when the ROM gets out.

That depends on Sprint releasing and I suspect it will be Friday at the latest.

(Already a bit late since source was dropped on 5/25.)

Note: I am not a Sprint employee nor do my post reflect the views of Sprint or its employees.  They are my own views.

Journeyman

KITKAT UPDATE.png

ACCORDING TO THIS IT'S HERE

Journeyman

i tried to update through kies but i didn't get any notice of an upgrade.

Master

MSCHMIDT4,

Thanks for posting. The update will be pushed out to users in waves, so your device may show that no update is available, your device will automatically checks every few days and will let you know when it is available or you can manually check back later to see if it has been pushed to you.

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

ota

Journeyman

has anyone got the ota or kies update yet? just curious how fast the update is being rolled up.

GrandMaster

it was released yesterday so you can either manually keep checking for it randomly or you can wait for it to be pushed to your phone..since it goes out in waves it can take up to a couple weeks for it to be pushed to everyone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat