cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag when waking the phone from sleep and during calls...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lag when waking the phone from sleep and during calls...

I bought my Galaxy Note 2 a few days ago and I am noticing a significant amount of lag when waking the phone from sleep.  Also it is lagging when closing calls.  I know this is an issue with mostly Sprint Notes but I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix out there for this.  I have turned off the s-pen funtionality on the lockscreen and still have the same issue.  The only thing I have on the lockscreen is the clock.  Any help with this would be nice.  I love this phone, but that little thing is killing it for me. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Lag when waking the phone from sleep and during calls...

orchidsdance,

I am glad that you love your Note 2! I also don't blame you for not enjoying the lag you are seeing. Have you tried unchecking ripple effect (Settings> Lock Screen > Lock screen options > Uncheck Ripple Effect)? Let me know if this helps!

*Ben

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have turned off the ripple effect and it didnt change anything.  I rebooted after turning it off.  Why is this happening on the GN 2 when it doesnt happen on the GS3?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

You may want to check your S-Voice options and see if it is part of either the unlock process or if it is tied to any long holds or double taps for any of the buttons that you use to wake up the hand-set.  I HAVE seen this with the SGS3, and when you disable the double-tap on the home key, the home key becomes MUCH more responsive.  Some of the unlock features on both the SGS3 and the SGN2 can integrate S-Voice, which can cause some lag.

LMK if that helps.

D

Highlighted
Journeyman

I disable all those things when I first got the phone.  I upgraded from the S3 and now my husband has it.  Should I replace the phone?  I have only had it for a few days.  The lag happens when I use the power button as well. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

orchidsdance,

Thank you for trying all of those steps. You next best option would be to take the phone into a Sprint Corporate Service and Repair store to have it looked at. This way they can run a diagnostic on the device itself and help you get a better idea on how to move forward. If you would prefer to skip that step, then the next option would be to replace it. Are you still within your 14 days?

Dribblemania,

As always, thanks for the great info!

*Ben

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im still within my 14 days.  I always hate taking my phone in because they always want to do a data reset.  I lose all my data everytime.

Highlighted
Journeyman

orchidsdance,

I would be happy to give the store a call and see if they can work on the phone without wiping the device. If you would like me to do this, please PM me either the store's address, or your's (I'll find and contact the store).

*Ben

Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat