cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Window View for Samsung Galaxy Note II

Highlighted
Wizard

Multi Window View for Samsung Galaxy Note II

The latest software update for Samsung Galaxy Note II introduced a new feature called Multi Window View. 

This new feature allows you to split the Home Screen and view/run two applications at once.  Multi Window View can be managed by selecting Home > Menu > Settings > Display > select Multi Window or by pressing and holding the Back Key on the device. You should then be able to select the Multi Window View application tray from the tab on the side of the Home Screen.

note 2.png     note 1.png     note 3.png

In the scenario shown below, the Internet and YouTube apps are being run on the same screen.  

note 4.png     note 5.png     note 6.png

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: Multi Window View for Samsung Galaxy Note II

WHOA!!!!  Thanks.  I can't wait for this.

Master

This phone is getting more complete now...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

When is the phone getting the update?

Master

It has been released and will roll out over the  next 5-7 days

Journeyman

Does anyone have a complete list of apps that will work with the multi-window feature for the stock version..

I know there is a mod to allow all apps to work with multi-window but I don't really want to root if I don't have to.

Journeyman

I just did , manual update on my note 2, multi windows,, great!!

anyone not received update yet,, can update it manually

go to QBKING77.com and download the update file, and follow his YOUTUBE instruction

Journeyman

I just got my update by going to

Settings

System update

Update Samsung Software

That worked for me...Someone posted that your phone has to have like 50% battery left or

it won't do the update.

Journeyman

Frustrated. This is the end of day 14 of owership of a Galaxy Note 2. Still no update.

Journeyman

Went to http://www.qbking77.com/ and completed the update manually. Cool and easy.  You will need external micro SD card to do so. I still don't understand Sprint policy to keep us wait

Journeyman

Thanks for the link, pad2000. I will do this over the weekend if I don't yet have it.

So, I guess I've found one thing about Apple/Verizon that I actually miss. Updates happened as announced, immediately.

Here, it's to the back of the bus if you are unlucky.

Journeyman

Back of the bus?  We got our phone a full 4 weeks before they did.  I bet Verizon's model won't have Multi Window either on release.

That said, I'm still waiting impatiently for my update!!! 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat