cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Windows doesn't work

Journeyman

Multiple Windows doesn't work

I've read for days on the internet and it seems that Sprint has purposely turned off this feature.

The Samsung website tells you to install Kies onto your pc to update the firmware.

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

After installing Kies to my pc (which is nice because you can easily transfter anything

from pc to phone, easily do a back up etc) it says that I have the latest version of firmware.

There is an FAQ section on their website which someone asked why their Sprint Galaxy Note 2

still doesn't have multiple window function.

Here is Samsung's response: (Oct 29th)

Thank you for your inquiry. We understand that you would like to know if there will be an update to

add multiview functions on your phone model SPH-L900 (which I have too).

All Samsung products are manufactured to the specifications of the service provider for whom

they are produced. We are unable to speculate when/if there would be an update for your multiview

function due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Thank you for interest in Samsung products.

So, even though this is advertised on their tv commercials and it's listed as a feature of the phone...

no one at Sprint wants to confirm that this feature is missing and if it will or won't add this feature back to

the phone. The guy at my Sprint store doesn't even know how the phone worked so he had no idea what I was

talking about when I asked about the multi window function. He just told me to go to Sprints website.

I see on other websites where people are giving info on how to install the firmware from other countries to get this to

work. I'm not going to sit here and monkey with a brand new phone and I hope I don't screw it up trying to get a feature

to work that was advertised that it should be already.

I know that not everything posted on the internet is true, but I did see on one website that people were saying that

newer versions of firmware were released in phones that were made sooner rather than later.

Phones made in Korea seem to have different firware than phones made in China (which is what my box says).

They have posted pictures of the boxes to show the differences.

Well, I have 12 days left to decide if I want to keep the phone or return it to the Sprint store and go back to my

Evo 4G. If I don't see a fix for this issue by then, I guess I will just return it and wait to see if Sprint offers what

was advertised.

I'm so tired of feeling like all the good phones are offered by another carrier.

I've been with Sprint forever...never used another company.

We have a business account with 15 lines.

Maybe, it's time for a change?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Multiple Windows doesn't work

You do realize this feature is disabled in ALL the US carriers right? (Tmobile and Verizon's note2 doesn't have it either). Only the international versions have it (after an OTA by the way, as when they launched, they didn't have it yet either).

Journeyman

Yes, I realize that. What I meant was that it seems like the other carriers always get the better phones first.

Also, I had my Evo 4G for two years and we still don't even have 4G in my area so I never even got to use

the technology.

My daughter has Verizon and I have to say that even though they might cost more, her phone always

has a good signal. Mine, isn't so good. Even the manager at my Sprint store tells us that Florida

has the worst coverage for Sprint. You wouldn't know it by their map, but apparently the map lies.

We were with Nextel for years and then Sprint took it over. We have been very loyal

but I'm starting to think that maybe it's time for a change.

The price might be lower but what good is that if the connection is weak, and the phones don't

do what was advertised. I paid for a 4G phone, and at that time, we were told that the 4G network would be up shortly.

That was two years ago. Sprint is taking too long and the competitors are winning the game!

Journeyman

Well, that is exactly what I was afraid of, that it is Sprint screwing with us on these feature. I have untill Thursday to make up my mind and return it. This is really ticking me off.

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with a Samsung technical support representative.

I called because my pc is running Windows 7 pro. If I hook my USB cable that came with the phone,

I am unable to use it because I get an error saying that the KIES software is unable to recognize my

version of windows.

The tech told me that KIES was written for Windows XP service pack 3.

Anything above XP, the program won't work "yet".

He said that in his opinion, Samsung should have sent this update out to the KIES program before

sending the phones but they didn't. He is getting alot of calls about this same issue.

I was told that an update from Samsung should come out to work with other versions of Windows, but he

can't say when. He also told me that the multi window function may or may not be updated in the future.

He was able to play with the multi function on his Note 2 just to see if it worked properly, and it does but it's

up to Sprint and Samsung to work out if and when they will update features.

Well, I'm starting to think I should just return the phone because it's ahead of the technology out there and

how long should I wait and "see" if updates are provided.

I just ordered a new pc with Windows 8 (because they gave no option to not get this version) so I already know

that most apps aren't updated for this yet.

I have the latest phone and will have the latest Windows only to find that nothing else works with it yet.

How frustrating!

The tech told me the best way to get info to and from the phone is to use a cloud like dropbox, google, etc.

I backed up my stuff to Lookout Premium so I can use it to get my pictures back and my texts.

He also said you can go through the wifi but it will take longer and I might still have a problem

with the windows glitch.

I'm not a pc genius so I don't know what to go in and turn off or give permissions to for this wifi thing to work.

It's starting to be a real pain the behind and maybe I should just keep my EVO until all of the updates are

out and all of the features will work.

Master

That is strange why he will tell you that, since in their website states that system requirements are Win XP, Vista and 7.

I didn't have any problem with it on my mac running mountain lion. I have not tried on Windows though.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was transferred from the first technical support guy to a second level support guy.

I told him the weird part was that at one point the pc and the phone did see each other.

I did do a backup and then after that, I just kept getting the windows error.

He said it's because the program is not really meant to work outside of service pack three on XP.

He was hoping that an update would happen too because he said they have had alot of calls about the same

thing I was calling for.

Ugh!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat