cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile network on Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Highlighted
Journeyman

No mobile network on Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Since yesterday, I am not able to call or receive calls or send or receive texts. At first, I was making calls, but they were dropped. Now, I can not even get service although I can get on the internet.  I called tech support and they said that they were having problems yesterday but not today. She suggested that I reset my phone and I did, but it still does not work. I live in the Houston area (77062). Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: No mobile network on Samsung Galaxy Note 2

go to settings - more - about device - status - and look at the MIN number, make sure that is different from your phone number, if not, call CS and have them take you through the steps to update your MIN number

If MIN is different, then:

go under settings - more - activate this device and follow the prompts. The device should try to perform PRL and Profile Update so make sure you have some sort of connection for it, like WiFi.

If the activation fails, call CS and have them reactivate your phone in the network in the Sprint side, while you keep your phone off.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

jsh826

I checked the Network and did not see anything that should be causing the these issues. I went ahead and marked your location so that our technicians can take a further look. In the meantime, try this on the devices. Bring up the dial pad on the devices and dial ##72786# and the devices will update with the Network and reboot a couple times. Once it's completed test the devices out. Let me know what happens.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I've done this. Having same problem this person is. Phone worked this morning. An hour later it didn't work...no phone or text. Can do data. I've spent hour on phone with support to tell me to do a hard reset -- that's crap. What changed from 11 am to 12:15 on my phone. I did do the 4.4.2 update overnight last night. So I'm guessing this is my real problem. Any other solution other than hard reset?????????

Master

hutchinsonbor

Here to help. I'd like to look into your area just in case. Can I get your cross streets and zip? Can you give me a list of the troubleshooting you've done so I don't repeat any steps?

Patrick N
Social Care Team
Journeyman

I am in Texas as well and my Galaxy Note 2 phone continues to say No mobile network. Very frustrating!

Master

Try doing a reactivation of your phone (Settings - More - Activate this Device) and also check your MIN#, make sure it is NOT the same as your phone number: Settings - More - About Device - Status.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Im now havin the same problem and i have tryd everything n nothing works i used ny phone just fine and 10 minz later no network. What else is there to do when i cant even call cs?

Master

SRGS2, Did you recently do the software update? Let's check your towers, what is your zip code and cross streets? - Annmarie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Having same issue, started yesterday mid morning, only when i'm at my office  though.  Works fine at home.  Just tried the suggestions above with no improvement.  Is the tower here possibly having an issue?  I'm in 32819 - service has never been great here, but never forced me into roaming and not able to get calls or texts anywhere in the bldt...

Master

kv9123,

I understand your concern. After checking the location provided, there is an outage that is set to be fixed by 7/11/14. Dial ##72786# from the dial pad. The phone will reboot and go through a series of updates. You can also turn on the airplane mode for 5 seconds and turn it back off. This will refresh the services. Please let me know how these steps work for you. I'm here to help. - Josh
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat