cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note II 32gb / 64gb Availability?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Note II 32gb / 64gb Availability?

Has anyone heard when the higher capacity versions will be available?  With the changes in how Android manages memory since ICS 16gb just isn't enough (i.e. no more apps2SD).

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Note II 32gb / 64gb Availability?

I'm also waiting on an answer to this. I just find it hard to believe a phone that boasts unlimited creativity would only be available in 16GB w/expandable slot. A 32GB w/expandable memory slot sounds more realistic, however I'll be waiting for the news on the 64GB model. Would purchase a 64GB card as well and then I'll feel set. Since I'm not a tablet user (I want one, but I know I wouldn't put time into using it) this phone is the next best thing. I also take a lot of pictures and the fact that I can do editing all on one device at any point in time of the day I want, it's pretty much a no brainer. I live in NYC, it would certainly keep me busy while on the subway.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait too long for the other versions to come out.

Journeyman

Good question. At this point, I may be returning my Note II this week. 16g is just not enough.

Journeyman

I feel like im going to be returning mine, and get my 500 back.

Journeyman

Is this really that big of a problem? I just ordered my phone and i keep seeing people complain about the memory. i know 32gb or 64gb would be awesome to have. But does the 16gb really hold the phone back or something? I have a 64gb card to go with it already. im just curious if the people with the phone already believe this is a big issue.?

Journeyman

SHADYRUSS,

Hey I have no problem with the 16GB model and in no way should it hold the phone back one bit. But 16GB will me holding ME back and that's a no no. Everyone has their own reasons for wanting more memory so I'm only speaking for myself when I say the Note is going to be replacing all my other gadgets. It will be my digi cam, mp3 player, web cruising, photo editing/creating, drawing tablet, e-reading device. I will be note taking, researching, movie watching and well pretty much whatever I can do, I will do with this phablet. You can even put a modded version of Photo Touch on it! 

Maybe I'm being too "clingy" to the things I'll put in there, but I'm just being honest so you can get another person's perspective. I don't like un-loading pics, music or anything that will potentially take away from my creative process. Sometimes I need the right tunes to write, or the right inspirational photos to draw or the right quote to read to get me pumping, *shrugs* I dunno. This will be the first device I will own that will be able to do all of that and still serve a purpose if I go on a hiatus and stop using all the extra things it can do (ie. People who buy tablets and then a few weeks down the line stop using it for lack of time or wifi accessibility). It'll still be a phone, I'll still need it to text, pretty much an over all great investment.

But I won't lie, I almost gave in and bought it yesterday. If a 16GB is good enough for you, than I'm jealous and I hate-chu (jk jk) . So no, not a huge issue, of course not. Just a matter of what you plan on using it for etc.

At least you won't be suffering like the rest of us. I might end up settling for the 32GB, don't think the 64GB is gonna happen for some reason.

Journeyman

Its only Apps that cant be put on the 64gb card right?
i was disappointed, when i saw that only 16gb was offered for now.
But i was thinking, I could just use the 16gb for the apps and whats already on the phone
then the 64gb card for the rest.
The stuff i plan on having as far as apps go are stuff like :
An emulator
Netflix
Watch espn
stuff along those lines,
is 16gb enough for that or should i sit tight like you all and aim for 32gb or 64gb?
Or can 16 handle that.

Journeyman

I think its stupid for a powerhouse like this even comes in a 16gb model. My sii has 16gb come on sprint. I want the note 2 with at least 32gb. At least my contract is up on all the phones on my plan I might shop around . I get tired of all the hush hush with sprint can't get an answer from them. I talked to Samsung and they verified a 32gb model . If the siii had a quad core and a larger battery I wouldn't even be looking at the note 2. The specs are just awesome on the note 2.....I tryed going to stores to look at the note 2 and nothing waste of my time.....

Journeyman

Shady, right. You can't transfer apps to the memory card without rooting your phone. I don't want to go the rooting route, but it definitely makes you think about it if Sprint's only getting the 16GB model.

Sounds like you're good with the 16GB model. You look like what Sprint would call the "Entertainment center - Games, video and music are my thing" type (I'm seeing that for the Note II reviews on Sprint's website - you can correct me if I'm wrong ;D). -- However if you're thinking about using PS1 emulator depending on the game, it takes up ALOT of space. For my Evo, I tried putting FFVII on it and couldn't fit the first disc fully (it was however an 8gb card). It was a while ago though so not sure if things have changed (in terms of file formatting and size of ROMs), but that's one of the things I want to do with my Note when I get it.

I'm more the "Technophile - Give me the most memory, fastest processor and latest OS" type. I wouldn't feel comfortable or "safe" with a phone if it didn't have the most GB available in the market at time of release before adding memory.  I'm even buying an extra battery for it, which will be a first for me for any phone as I usually carry a charger.

Journeyman

I have the SIII right now and when I found out the international version has a quad-core I was so irritated. If the US version had a quad core, it might have held me down until the Note 3 came out or at least until the price of the Note 2 went down (I need a tablet of some sort, N2 is my middle point).

There are also some features on the N2 International Version that are missing from the US Version so a part of me is waiting to see if an update will bring those features in. Sometimes it's easy to forget I fell in love with the International Version with expectations it will be the same as the US version, but as you can see with the SIII that wasn't the case either.

Journeyman
Wizard

At this time, there has been no information released about future versions of the Galaxy Note II.  Check out our Newsroom for an update on all of our upcoming events.  You can also check sprint.com for current devices that are available.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat