cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently delete emails

Highlighted
Patron

Permanently delete emails

How do I permanently delete emails? After I delete them from incoming folder, then delete emails from trash folder, and prevent them from returning to incoming folder.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Permanently delete emails

Normally, if you delete them from your inbox, it will automatically delete them from the server, so it will sync with everything. Normaly they will not come back from Trash.

What type of e-mail are you having issues, Exchange or POP?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Patron

Thank you for your response...........I am using POP.

Master

I'm not sure if you are using the stock Mail app, but if you have gmail, yahoo, aol or hotmail, I'm sure they have apps for their emails, use that if you can, Stock Mail app that comes with the phone, will take a while to sync with mail servers (don't know why), but I had that issue with my gmail, and I got the gmail app from play store and everything was back to normal.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Patron

Thanks a lot, it appears that my note is evolving in some manner.  At the present time, perhaps due to my maniipulations the phone is in a state of holding emails until I touch download and then they flood in for over two months.  You advice has been right on target and I appreciate it very much.  I will go to the apps which you stated because at some point in setting up it appears that apps could not be downloaded unless I had a gmail address (which was installed at the spring store).  I will get more information from the store and I will inform you of the possible resolution.  Thanks again, you have enlightened me.

Master

Glad I could help, if you consider the question answered, please mark it as so, so people can see it as a resolved issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat