cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Recent Update

Journeyman

Problems with Recent Update

The newest updated was rolled out onto my phone this morning.  Ever since then I have had nothing but problems with my phone.  For 1, My notifications do not show up on my phone now.  For instance, before the update if I would get a text message the screen on my phone would light up telling me I have a message plus my notification light would blink. I was able to get the notification light to blink but to get the screen to light up I have no idea what other options to do.  I checked my phone settings, display settings along with my text message settings nothing is working.  Also, my phone keeps switching from wifi to 4Glte even when I have wifi turned off.  Is there a way to stop this from happening? I havent had a chance to play around with the updated since I have been trying to fix these two problems since this mroning so i am not sure if i will have any more issues.  Is there something that I am missing?

29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: Problems with Recent Update

I havent been having any problems with messaging, but it has been just eating my battery all day, even when plugged in.  Also, I don't like how the new keyboard works.  why did they have to change that without giving an option to revert to the way it worked previously?

Journeyman

I agree.  Now another one of my problems is if i go to the lock screen the only thing that shows is my music player that i am listening to.  It doesn't show the text message that I missed.  I don't understand why with every update they take things away that was very useful to begin with.

Journeyman

Once you update you still have to readjust your setting.as for the auto wifi you can adust that under setting.more nwtwork.mobile network.Connection optimizer. There you can ad just the auto wifi on and off

Journeyman

Thank you for the network adjustment.  It really helped.  Do you happen to know where exactly I go to change the setting for my phone to light up if I receive a text? I had to download an app which I think is crazy if my phone did it before the update.

Wizard

Gatson05?  What do you mean light up?  The whole screen or LED light?  If LED light, make sure that option in Settings is enable.

Journeyman

This is why I don't update my phone immediately after it's offered. I delay it for as long as I can because nine times out of ten, it's filled with a bunch of issues that I don't want to deal with! This is just another so called "update" that just annoys me more than anything else! If you're happy with what you got, why do anything that could change that happiness?

Journeyman

The whole screen. My LED light does light up.

Wizard

What type of lock screen security are you using?  If other than simple swipe to unlock, the screen might be suppressed from being lighted.  Just a guess there as my phone is restricted to high security so I can't test it.  Do you have Quick glance option on, what about Smart alert?  If might be a combination of settings that might have changed since the update that you have to check and toggle.

Sorry, that's it from me.  Good luck.

Journeyman

Do you mean light up, like wake up your phone? I think before the update, I would get a text and my phone would wake up and show me the text in the notification area and the home screen. Now I get the sound notification, but my screen stays black (asleep). I am also looking for a way to wake it up like the way it was before the update. I will keep searching.

Journeyman

Yes jsh82, that is what I am looking for. I had to download an app for it to work whichI is crazy since it worked before.

Journeyman

I am going to keep searching, but can you please tell me the app that you downloaded?  Thanks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat