Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung GALAXY Note II - Available this Fall

Wizard

Re: Samsung GALAXY Note II - Available this Fall

45 minutes late

but I will add this

according to this article possibility of the Note 2 arriving at Sprint shelves could be either Oct or Nov.

So if in Oct, I predict Oct 21 to coinside with the other carriers deployment. If Nov, I predict Nov 11th.

TS

Journeyman

Hoping for October!!!

Journeyman

hopefully they have less memory so that the phone won't be as expensive as the versions that do have more built in memory. hopefully that's true. i don't want to pay no 300 bucks! lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want this phone so badly it's rediculous... I think it will probably be $300 dollars because that was the lowest price for the original Note from AT&T. If the rumors are true the phone should be coming out in Nov. but I am hoping that it comes out in Oct.. I don't think I've been this excited for a phone in a while.

Journeyman

International / Wold Phone?  "International Voice and Data capable with GSM/UMTS/CDMA Networks"

My question is: The SIM card is it mini (now standard) or the new micro SIM.  As I have a full set of SIM cards for my travels abroad.

Not  adeal breaker but if it's a fixed SIM (SIM in ROM) that would kill the deal as my employer gives us HTC TP2's to use.... not the best phone I'd say!

Journeyman

6850buggypilot wrote:

International / Wold Phone?  "International Voice and Data capable with GSM/UMTS/CDMA Networks"

Not  adeal breaker but if it's a fixed SIM (SIM in ROM) that would kill the deal as my employer gives us HTC TP2's to use.... not the best phone I'd say!

I'd imagine it will use the same kind of SIM slot the international Galaxy Note II uses, which is probably a micro SIM (based on that being what they use in the International Galaxy S3). The general specs listed point to Samsung trying to keep their US version as similar as possible to their international version, just throwing in the appropriate US LTE bands. I imagine that is why Sprint is selling this as a world phone - not because they asked Samsung to offer it that way, but because Samsung has decided to offer it that way.

Wizard

exadyne wrote:

I'd imagine it will use the same kind of SIM slot the international Galaxy Note II uses, which is probably a micro SIM (based on that being what they use in the International Galaxy S3). The general specs listed point to Samsung trying to keep their US version as similar as possible to their international version, just throwing in the appropriate US LTE bands. I imagine that is why Sprint is selling this as a world phone - not because they asked Samsung to offer it that way, but because Samsung has decided to offer it that way.

I hope you are right, my biggest fear is Sprint crippling the device like they did with Photon Q (embedded SIM)

At this point I do have a plan B: pay the $100 EFT and move my line to I don't know yet...

Journeyman

News Image

September 24, 2012, 4:32 P.M. New York local time —Samsung announced that the Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile USA Galaxy Note 2 will hit stores in mid-November. Meanwhile, an online retail claims the international HSPA+ model will debut first, next month.

The large, perfect-with-two-hands Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will hit the United States market in mid-November or two months after the launch of the Apple iPhone 5. In other countries, however, Samsung might start selling the Galaxy Note 2, with no LTE, on October 2 or a month and a half ahead of the US-based models.

As reported by multiple tech sites, UK-based phone retailer Phones4U has listed the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on contact with October 2 release date, the first ever launch date of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be listed online. Also worth noting is retailer Clove UK which will also offer the Note 2. The site is claiming that the “first stock due to begin shipping week commencing 1st October .” Clove is shipping phones worldwide, so it is safe to say that the international model will start arriving to many markets by mid-October. (Expansys, also a popular online phone retail, has no release date for the Galaxy Note 2, yet.)

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2, according to many, is the real “flagship” phone of Samsung for this year. Equipped with a quad-core processor, Super AMOLED 5.5-inch display and with Android Jelly Bean out of the box, the Galaxy Note 2 is arguably more powerful than last quarter’sSamsung Galaxy S3.

Samsung has declined to comment, but it noted the release date of the Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and US Cellular Galaxy Note 2, again, whilst explaining that the US-bound Galaxy Note 2 will offer quad-core processor that will support LTE or Long Term Evolution.

Other features of the Galaxy Note 2 of Samsung are the following: 8-megapixel back-facing camera, front-facing camera, S Pen or stylus pen, S Pen-enhanced apps pre-installed, Jelly Bean features like Google Now and Google voice search and a large 3,100 mAh battery.

For comparison, the iPhone 5 of Apple is shipping with iOS 6 mobile OS, 4-inch Retina display, new design, improved 8-megapixel back-facing camera and HD front-facing camera, and thinner and lighter build.

Journeyman

Whooooo Hoooooo SUPER excited about the Samsung GN2 !!! Perfect timing too, my upgrade falls on 10/1/12 YAY ME Secretly, I would pay full price to get my hands on this device. Thanks Sprint, can't wait to pre-order this "phablet" !!

Journeyman

Oh yeah! THANK YOU Sprint! I've been so waiting for this! It will be a happy birthday to myself!

Journeyman

Please say there is gonna be a beta or a contest or something, My epic4g is begging to be upgraded..

Journeyman

Sammys latest 7 min video of the NOTE 2 put up on 9/28http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hOX3HYDwTCY#!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat