cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note II - Delayed Text and Not Receiving Calls

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Note II - Delayed Text and Not Receiving Calls

same thing here, Chicago, Pilsen and Logan Square neighborhood.

-. text messages not coming in / out... phone calls not coming / out

-. yesterday we were in a major downtown hotel, my wife has identical Galaxy Note 2, she could text and surf the web without any problem, and I have no signal... We checked out SETTINGS for data / roaming and 3g, and we both had identical settings... I reset phone, intermittent brief periods of 3G signals, and intermittently text coming out.

EXTREMELY annoying specially when you are coordinating w two other friends for dinner plans and you are stuck at a place, NOT being able to communicate, and friends getting annoyed, waiting.

For the past month, I have to resent a few times, and often I have to send myself test messages and test calls from my office, and if there is an issue, i reset it a few times...

Is this a handset problem or a Sprint Network problem?

Journeyman

You should call Sprint tech support. There's probably a problem with the tower in your area that your phone mainly connects to.  I'm currently going through this with the Note 2, and have had the problem with other phones as well, only to find out that it's Sprint's network and not the phones.  It seems sprint's NEW 4g LTE towers are having problems with their signals penetrating buildings. At least that's what I was told by an advance tech rep. They're switching back to the old Wimax towers to correct the connectivity issues...absolutely crazy to me!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, the ##72786# provided temporary relief for a few days.  My wife was receiving calls and texts, but the success was short lived.

We have tried the code 3 times and each time the fix seems to last for 1-3 days at best.

Can't seem to find any type of long term solution, so I guess it's time to go fight this out at the store...bummer.

Journeyman

Tried the phone reset (using the code you provided) 6 days ago and so far so good.  While there is still some delay in text messages, there has been a drastic improvement in my wife's ability to make/receive phone calls.  Thank you garwynn.

For those who are worried they will lose data with this code, I can attest that we did not lose anything.  It only clears the programming parameters, then performs a reboot and reactivation.

Just dial the number as if you were calling someone (##72786#).  But know that when you hit that last # key...it automatically starts the process.  So be sure you don't need your phone for a few mins.

I'll update if anything changes.

Wizard

##72786# reset worked for a couple days then it went right back to the same issues of delayed texts and no calls or none of both.

Journeyman

Garwynn, gave it a try.  Will let you know the outcome. Thanks for your help.

Wizard

Tried this on my Wife's phone to see if it fixes these issues. I'll report back soon.

garwynn wrote:

Did you try ##72786# yet? Dial that like you would a phone number.

And if you have an Airave reset it. That should also help.

Journeyman

Did you try ##72786# yet? Dial that like you would a phone number.

And if you have an Airave reset it. That should also help.

Journeyman

Ok Sprint.  Need some help on this issue!   $300 for this damn phone and we can't place or receive phone calls 90% of the time.  This is NOT what we paid for and it is quickly becoming a paper weight.

A response would be appreciated.

Journeyman

Long story short I saw this last week and it almost caused me a divorce because something happened and my wife couldn't reach me when she needed to.

Tried restoring a backup, switching to a previous version - nothing fixed it.

A profile update did fix it but apparently not permanently.

After much frustration I tried ##72786#.  This resets the Hands Free Activation and lets it pull all of the data again.

This is the only way I was able to get it to behave again - though a test at work shows it is still intermittent.

Sprint Techs,

I want this issue documented and am willing to take it to a sprint store for documentation purposes.

(So long as I'm not going to be charged for it.)

I just want to explain what happened so they can put a ticket in.

I might be able to recreate but they're likely not able to use those details due to my custom solution.

After much testing though it appears to be software version independent.

If not possible I'll ask another person to see if they can log it.

Thanks.