cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note II - Delayed Text and Not Receiving Calls

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Note II - Delayed Text and Not Receiving Calls

SAME exact problem, Bay Area. ##SCRTN# is a temporary fix of several days also. I called tech support and even though I explained it doesn't fix the problem, he had me do another SCRTN reset, which didn't even work that time. Said my only solution was to go to a store and have the run a diagnostics test, and since I didn't have TEP it'd be a $50 dollar charge. I'm not paying $50 for them to fix phone calls and texts, which may be their network fault.

Journeyman

OK, this seems exclusive to N2 to me.  Here's why.

S4 and N2 side-by-side in a given location at Des Plaines.

First picture (eHRPD) is N2, LTE is S4.

Now why the heck am I getting such a variation?

PRL same on both.

Also, same location, same situation.  Occasionally calls don't go through on N2, S4 still just fine.

N2 Signal.pngS4 Signal.png

Journeyman

Hello all, I too live in the Chicagoland area and have had the note 2 since its release. I have had no problems until the last update went through. Since then nothing but problems. The problem is either from the update or Sprints network coincidentally. I have been having the same issues missing calls and texts and 4g instability. seems like Sprint has a problem here. I have spent countless hours with support only to be told the problem is fixed only to find out later in the same day same problems. The phone worked fine until about a month ago. I have done it all and to have to reset the phone or reactivate it every time I go to use it is ridiculous. This is definitely a Sprint problem as it gets fixed for a few hours then bam. Yet sprint tells me no one else is having this problem. The fact that no one addresses this forum from Sprint is a clue that they know they have a problem but don't know how or can't fix it.

Journeyman

My fiancé and I are experiencing the same issue with our Note 2s and we're in Chicago (South Loop). Very aggravating! I hope that this is resolved soon...

Highlighted
Journeyman

BIG Update:

I was able to recreate the issue last week of breaking the push notifications/inbound calls, etc by Profile/PRL update.

It would stop inbound calls and other things until I rebooted and/or re-provisioned the phone.  (Sometimes took both.)

Today I see I'm on a new PRL and that scenario isn't working.

So if you're not already please update your profile to the 2000/2002 version and see if that helps.

Notes on XDA say that 800 SMR is the main thing removed.

Any Sprint folks able to tell if 800 SMR testing was being conducted in Chicago?

Journeyman

Additional information that I was provided:

Turns out there is an enhancement called Service Option 73 that may be causing this issue - meaning it's network and not phone.  Houston was also affected and is being tested to see if shutting that option off resolves it.  I've been passing on to this source that PRL 2000 is helping but I'm still having issues near I-290 and Schaumburg/EGV area.

Journeyman

I've been having the same problems as the OP.

But I'm in the Tacoma, WA area. I have some friends that have the same issue too and they're Sprint customers, but on different, older phones. I guess it must be network related. None of the towers I use near home are LTE towers though. I have to go downtown or to a busier area to get LTE coverage around here.

I had originally thought it could be the N2 and thought that you could change the frequency the phone polls the tower for incoming calls and text messages... which I'm sure is true, but I couldn't figure out how. I was sure that'd be the solution, but if people are saying its the towers, hopefully they'll add mine to the list to fix.

Journeyman

Is the 2000 prl and removal of the 800smr going to turn into the fix? Was looking forward to the 800 rollout even in the urban areas as indoor coverage sucks. If this is the fix or the long term sweep it under the carpet until everyone gets a new phone? Would not be a happy camper as my wife will not like it if my reception gets better with the 800smr rollout as have an LG and her note 2 stays the same.

Journeyman

It may be. I *know someone who* just removed 2000 and went to 55015. There are other reports of people on 60690, which is an Evo PRL from 2011, and they say they get better service too. I haven't missed a call since, but then again I integrated my Sprint number to Google Voice and have the app GrooveIP on my phone. It uses data connection for VOIP, but also wakes your phone up on 3G so it checks for the call on the tower. When your phone rings, the GrooveIP app picks up first, then sometimes the phone's default dialer will pick it up and you can choose which one to answer. Either way, I'm reluctant to say it, but Sprint's data connection delivers my calls 100% of the time while the towers deliver to this phone less than half the time.

It's both this phone and the towers in tandem. I'm just waiting for the Note III next month and am crossing my fingers this same stuff isn't gonna happen.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat