cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soooo sick of 'managing' phone releases -/want info on samsung galaxy (journal/note2)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Soooo sick of 'managing' phone releases -/want info on samsung galaxy (journal/note2)

I can live with an EVO LTE, but I want a samsung note (v2) - carriers 'manage' new release information in an outdates effort to maintain interest in their next phone release- so they dole out peanuts to the chimps.  I'm not interested in apple products - I can make my own decision if you would just give me the information.  Just tell me you aren't going to get the NOTE and I'll pull the trigger on the HTC.  I've been with sprint for 12+ years and I'm annoyed to the point of leaving for another carrier for the phone/features I want. 

My Kindle fire has taught me that with a little planning and use of wifi I can get great functionality out of a device with no 3g/4g.  I couldn't care less about 4G. 3g is great for what I'm doing so if/when I leave I can avoid the sprint '4G Penalty' fee, (I NEVER turn on 4G).  Just up the price on smart phone service you big bunch of girls.

While I'm ranting-  sprint marketing has got to be one of the worst in the industry.  Sprint easily competes with the bigger players (due to the 'features'/compromises sprint has had to make).  They offer more for the money and no draw back to service, (except speed).  How they have languished in 3rd place so horribly is beyond me. 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Soooo sick of 'managing' phone releases -/want info on samsung galaxy (journal/note2)

Wish I could provide you information on release of the Galaxy  Note/Journal.  Sprint has not released any so cannot say one  way or the other.   I understand that there is lots of speculation when every new phone introduced .  Sometimes it is the carrier and some times it is the manufacturer that controls the release of the information.    I have never seen a carrier state they are not going to get a particular device.  I have not seen any information on any CDMA carrier with a release date for this device.

Journeyman

Re: Soooo sick of 'managing' phone releases -/want info on samsung galaxy (journal/note2)

I agree.

I'm glad Sprint is getting the Note 2 I just wish we could have pre-ordered it when it was announced.

This phone release issue seem to the the way the whole industry hypes devices. After the Note 2 was announced I thought the price point was high so I started searching rumors for the the next Google Nexus phone, whenever that is announced Sprint may or may not announce if they are going to carry the phone. The uncertanity makes me what to go prepaid so I can buy the best device for me and then shop for service. I've had good service from Sprint in the past so I am going to stay around for a while longer.

Journeyman

Oh wow!  As a Sprint customer since 1997 (really) AND an advertising and marketing professional, I have been saying the SAME THING to my assigned customer rep (ya .. I have one). They miss their real value and consumer wants/needs. It's as if nobody ever did a proper demographic needs/benefits analysis and targeted what the key selling points should be.  Instead, they DO (as do all the carriers) play this "dangle the next phone" game. Meanwhile, my 2 year contract ran out and I also want the Galaxy Note 2 ... NOW ... and am considering my options. Don't dangle a friggin' iPhone (which is loaded with bugs) as the "push product" when you have a larger Android base anxious for the next Android marvel. If you're going to play the dangle game, at least be smart and dangle BOTH the iPhone and Android simultaneously.  I should not have to wait for them to saturate their client base with iPhone pitches while waiting (too patiently) for the Galaxy Note 2 ... it's a different tool than the Galaxy S III (which is great). I want and need that larger screen and stylus. Grrrrrrrrrrr) ...

Hey Melanie (in Dan's office) ... are you listening? 

Journeyman

And by the way, the RDF information has been on Sprint's site for over 2 weeks already.

RDF = the product details, in data form, for the actual Galaxy Note 2 product page when it goes live.

Give us a solid date and let the ordering begin!!

Master

Clone_FL

Maybe if you use Google and/or go through the discussions here, you will be able to get the best info for what you are looking for. While i understand your rant, It's not fair to b itch at Sprint if the Samsung is playing like apple. Sprint can't decide when to release a phone if the phone had not passed the FCC, which the Note2 just got the official pass. The specs for the phone have bee out for a while if that is what you are inquiring about. If you go to YouTube and search Galaxy note2, you even have a long commercial that shows you some cool things it can do.

And about that extra charge Sprint charges, it is an extra charge on the Smart Phones Plans, and not a 4G charge. Sprint point of view is: If you have a Smart device it will pull more data 3G or 4G to keep it's programs, features, and personal accounts up to date.

Bottom line: Ranting is good... if you are right on what you rant about. Always read the facts

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat