Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Galaxy Note 2 with FCC blessings

Wizard

Sprint Galaxy Note 2 with FCC blessings

Here is an article on Engadget talking about few Sammy devices 2 for Sprint and 1 for Big Red

I went thru the FCC link and check the SAR Report. All the frequencies were there CDMA/GSM/LTE making it a true world phone.

I am so excited. X-Mas is coming soon!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 with FCC blessings

M_Marcus wrote:

Here is an article on Engadget talking about few Sammy devices 2 for Sprint and 1 for Big Red

I went thru the FCC link and check the SAR Report. All the frequencies were there CDMA/GSM/LTE making it a true world phone.

I am so excited. X-Mas is coming soon!

I am also looking foward to buying Sprint Galaxy Note 2 as well,plus it will be my first time having a world mobile phone as well. eager.gif eager.gif eager.gif cool.gif chase.gif

Highlighted
Master

I hope Sprint doesn't ruin it by making the SIM inaccesseble, that would S uck. I would love to have the note and use it when I travel overseas instead of the iphone i currently use overseas ( I hate it), very limited...

It seams it will be a nice b-day this year since it should come out right before my b-day

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Wizard

I know exactly what you mean. I am the same boat.

Highlighted
Wizard

Well my favorite source over at androidforums once again has indicated what is and what isn't true of all the specualtions about the Note 2 for Sprint and sadly i have to report that the Note 2 does not have a removable sim slot. It is embedded and thus i would suspect that one would have to contact Sprint when they are going overseas to unlock it.

Now i am not familar with the process on how that works, whether one has to use Sprints overseas rates or if one uses the overseas carriers ones. So if anyone knows, please feel free to let us know.

TS

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint rate is very, very, very expensive (same for AT&T or Big Red) outside of the US compared to getting local SIM.

Highlighted
Wizard

If they are going to have imbedded SIM, they should use the dual sim version

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/08/samsung-galaxy-note-with-dual-sim-capabilities/

Highlighted
Wizard

By embedded i mean on chip or motherboard, the Sprint one is missing the two on the right side of that articles image. Would be nice, but doubt it that the dual sim China version will ever be sold except only in China.

It still drives me nuts that they can't make one device that is a truly world phone with with more frequencies.

TS

Highlighted
Wizard

Well, it's not just in Asia that they use dual SIM.

It's very common in Africa where networks are not as reliable as here.

You need at least 2 numbers from different providers.

Highlighted
Wizard

SA_twospirits wrote:

It still drives me nuts that they can't make one device that is a truly world phone with with more frequencies.

TS

If Apple can have 1 phone for all the networks so can other manufacturers.

The issue is the providers want to customize = more $$ for the manufacturers.

Apple does not take orders but very good at dictating to them.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat