cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint failed on the 2 features I bought for

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint failed on the 2 features I bought for

Two top feature i bought the phone for over other option.

#1 Wireless charging capability.

- They removed the contacts!

#2 Miltiwindow.

- True this should be coming in an update but really! get it done before release so it is available as soon as you purchase the phone especially when it is a know issue with the phone! (international had the same issue)

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Sprint failed on the 2 features I bought for

What contacts? I'm intersted to hear about this, as I didn't know the international version supported wireless charging.

And is it possible this feature (multi) was removed for copyright reasons? I know the screen recorder was removed for that reason.

Journeyman

Yes the International version, (the one that was given for review to various institutions) was built with wireless charging contacts pending Samsungs release of it wirless charging pad and accesory battery door to enable the feature. http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/08/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-review/ "Above it you'll see slots for micro-SIM and microSDXC cards as well as contacts for NFC and wireless charging." This is the same review accross the board and visible in all photos as well as videos from international owners. Some of which have already found ways to enable it using Palms Touchstone tech.

And no the Multiwindow feature appears to be a samsung feature that was not fully implemented in the original release to manufactures but was officially revealed shortly after the official Note II anouncement and also was reviewed by multiple sources.  "We're not done quite yet, multitasking fans. Samsung advertises another feature called Multi-Window that parallels -- nay, exceeds -- the aforementioned Popup Note in awesomeness." (same link)  With the international model this was fixed through a firmware release from Samsung a few weeks ago. I would have expected Sprint to be aware of this and have the firmware ready to launch as the phone launched.

Journeyman

as you see in this photo of the phone "in this thread http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/101735?tstart=0 " you dont see wireless contacs or the sim card slot

Wizard

Interesting observation on the wireless charging pins. Didn't noticed that before.

TS

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat