cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchwiz not working

Journeyman

Touchwiz not working

I recently did the update and now I wish I would have read the reviews first. I keep getting the Touchwiz error. I cleared data and everything. I don't want to do a hard reset. What else can I do?

23 REPLIES 23
Wizard

Re: Touchwiz not working

Are you running stock Samsung or rooted?  Are you running any other home screen app?  What's the error message and how/when does it occur?  What did you mean my "cleared data and everything"?  I have no issue with apps or home screen after the 4.3 update.

Journeyman

I am also having the same problem. I got the msg this a.m. that there was an update. I immediately initiated the update and let it run its course. I wish I hadn't. Ever since theupdate ran, I have been getting the error message that says "Unfortunately Touch Wiz has stopped working" - your only option is to hit ok. When I hit ok, random screens start popping up everywhere. When I try to get out of them and go back to the main screen, as soon as I touch the main screen to swipe with finger or stylus, the error mag hits again. I Google this and found other people with the same problem. Some solutions are a soft boot (which does nothing); a hard boot to factory reset (I'm afraid of losing accumulated contact data & photos); and going into the Touch Wiz app and clearing the data (very temporary fix - somehow starts itself back up again even after a force stop). I have done everything (but the factory reset) to no avail.

I can tell you all, I am NOT happy with this update. It should have worked with no bugs - fully tested - when they (whoever "they" is) put it out. And "they" should give you an "out" if you don't like it or it doesn't work for you. I am so ticked I could spit...

I am running a stock Galaxy Note II on the Sprint network. Can you help?

Journeyman

I eventually just uninstalled some apps and stopped using the 4x4 calendar. It works fine now. I hate that I can't use that calendar without getting error message.

Journeyman

Thank you. Will give that a go. I hope that's not the case with the calendar because I use it heavily. But if not using the calendar works, will have to find a work-around.

Journeyman

I gotta say so far so good. No calendar, no problem. I didn't un-install any apps but just left the calendar off. Thought about trying to put it back on just to see but because it's working, I don't want to take the chance. 🙂 Thanks again.

Highlighted
Wizard

Okay, looks like I also confirmed it.  The problem is with the Samsung 4x4 Calendar widget.  I was running fine with my 4.3 update until I added the 4x4 calendar widget to the Home screen and whenever I swipe to it I would get the TouchWiz crash message.  I can't find anyway to remove the widget because it won't let me go to that page without crashing.  The pinching home screen action also crashes so I can't remove the page with the widget on it that way either.

I gave up and just went into Apps setting and clear cache and data of the TouchWiz app.  Now I have to redo all my home screen and apps drawer changes.  I'm sure they will role out an update to either remove that 4x4 Calendar widget or fix it soon.

Journeyman

Go to where you manage the applications in your settings. Find the calendar widget app and disable it. I also did a force stop. This removed the 4x4 calendar widget and the error disappeared. It was the only way i could get it to stop and the only way i could remove it. There is an obvious bug in the 4x4 calendar widget wirh the 4.3 system upgrade. Also of note, i didnt have to reset any of my already setup home pages.

Journeyman

As a side note... i did test this after i had removed the error the first time. It was the only thing i had forgotten to re-add when i set my home pages up again and noticed that the error was missing and all was working well. As soon as i added the 4x4 calendar widget, the error message reappeared. It is THEN that i went into the settings and found the running apps and disabled the calendar widget. This was the only way to remove the error because every time i touched the screen the message reappeared and random screens started appearing. So... the calendar stays gone until they fix the bug or issue a new system update.

Wizard

That's a better solution.  Nice.

Master

LaLu3,

Thanks for your post. Have you been able to take any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread and get everything resolved outside of the method you had used? Please let me know how everything is working now and I'll make sure to get the bug report over to the manufacturer so they can look into this. Thanks to everyone on the thread for the patience and ingenuity in working around this!

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

BeachLizard, 

Thank you for posting.  After you removed the calendar widget and its now working has anything else popped up giving you the error?  Is everything ok for now?  Please let us know we are here for you. 

Thank you, 

Anthony 
Social Care Team 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat