cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update yesterday 1/18/15

Journeyman

Update yesterday 1/18/15

After a OS update when choosing predictive text words there are 3 spaces after each word chosen.  I I type the word out and then space bar only 1 space is entered as it is supposed to.  How do I fix this issue?

34 REPLIES 34
Master

Re: Update yesterday 1/18/15

1HDMAN707 Thanks for reaching out to us, we're here to help. What kind of device do you have, and have you tried resetting the device? - Stan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have a Samsung Note 2.  I did reset the device.  Still putting 3 spaces after each predictive word chosen.

Journeyman

I am getting 3 spaces after predictive text on everything I type into. FB, email, etc.

Master

1HDMAN707

Would you be willing to reset the phone? The best option may be visiting the Sprint store to figure out what is wrong and fix this issue.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi, I just updated my phone yesterday as well and am having the exact same issue with the predictive text adding an extra space after every word. I've reset my phone and the problem remains. I also tried turning off the Auto Spacing feature but that removes all spaces after predictive text leaving you with a bunch of words mashed together if you don't hit the spacebar yourself. I also have the Note II. I don't see what going to a Sprint store will do... seems like an OS bug that needs to be fixed on the back end.

Master

cbeags

Going to the store would allow us to see what is going on with the phone and determine if we can possibly fix the problem. We are patiently waiting and working with the manufacturer for an update to resolve this issue. We are here if you have any concerns.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I updated my phone yesterday and now if I use words out of the predictive text I get double spacing. I hope that the update did not mess my phone up. Because the note 2 and the note 3 are the only 2 phones sprint has that you can be on the phone and Internet at the same time. And you don't have to be on wifi. I think that as big as sprint is and all of the nice phones that you all have you should have more phones that you can be able to be on the phone and the Internet at the same time without the wifi.

Wizard

Not only do I also get the double spacing (after predictive text), but my phone has been noticeably laggy. Some apps run slower, and simple functions like 'screen on' seem slower.

Great job on the update.......

Master

diagoro, I do apologize for the inconvenience. What type of device do you have? - Jadotte
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

diagoro, I do apologize for the inconvenience. What type of device do you have? - Jadotte Sprint Social Care

Hmmmmmm, you didn't notice what forum this was posted in????????

Master

diagoro - I do apologize for that. She wanted to confirm that you also had the Galxay Note II. I'll go ahead and the appropriate tems look into this matter for further investigation. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat