cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update yesterday 1/18/15

Journeyman

Re: Update yesterday 1/18/15

I switched to the swiftkey keyboard (free app) and I don't have the problem now.

Master

diagoro

Have you happened to install a 3rd party texting app to see if this fixes anything? I do apologize about what is going on, we have not heard about a fix to this as of yet.
Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I agree with you I have a note I I and after the update I keep getting the extra spaces and I believe sprint has sent this update out to mess up our phone to force us to upgrade

Wizard

I don't like swiftkey, and have become accustomed to the current method. I'm not opposed to change, but can see where this will never get the proper attention it demands. After all, it appears Sprint made a mistake with this update, as no one else is reporting it.

Journeyman

I have a Note 2 and also have the same problem! Has anyone found a fix? It is very annoying trying to retrain myself to use the space between words after years of having it work automatically.

Journeyman

PaulStephanie wrote:

I updated  my  phone  yesterday and now if I use words out of  the predictive text I get double spacing. I hope that the update did not mess my phone up. Because the note 2 and the note 3 are the only 2 phones sprint has that you can be on the phone and Internet at the same time. And you don't   have to be on wifi. I think that as big as sprint is and all of the nice phones that you all have you should have more phones that you can be able to be on the phone and the Internet at the same time without the wifi.

You are correct! Although it is not a lack of model choices causing the issue with talk and surf. Sprint has gone to a single radio phone to support their "New Spark Network". Yep, crappy 4G turns to 50Mb/s yet you can't talk and surf, great decision Sprint. We don't need 50Mb/s on a phone, just 4G that doesn't lag and talk and surf. Just a couple of months left on my last contract and its off to Verizon I go! Sorry to Hijack the post, off my soapbox.....

Master

Samikey1030,

I apologize about this issue. However, there has not been a patch released by the manufacturer to correct this problem. Please bear with us, while we search for a solution to this issue. - Chad Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Odd how I haven't seen this reported for any other Samsung device or Note model. Must be something Sprint placed in the code.........accidental or not.

It's a major pain when typing, and I shouldn't have to learn a whole new text method. But I don't expect to ever see a fix, Sprint will find it easier to just suggest you upgrade to a new model.

Tell you what Sprint, how about you give me a substantial upgrade discount in exchange for breaking my messaging?????

Journeyman

These people with customer care are so stupid. I worked for sprint for almost 8 years and even then the customer care people were still morons. Look how they asked you what type of device do you have....well obviously it's a note 2 since that's where he posted the comment you idiots. Then every answer they have is to reset the phone. Compete morons and idiots. You don't know shit about the phone or the issue so why even bother answering. Sprint your customer service is horrible and have nothing but idiots working for you from call centers in India with American names.

Journeyman

I agree on all points!!!

After 20 years of being a loyal Sprint customer, I stopped in the local Verizon store yesterday and moved all 4 of my phones and 2 tablets.

I could not be happier. I thought Verizon was going to be more expensive until I went in and we looked at the plans in person. They are saving me money, gave me a $200 credit for each of 3 new Galaxy S5's (That can talk and surf, without the aid of WiFI, since this is not 2005) and gave me a new Bose Bluetooth speaker free with my new Note 4!

The store staff was very knowledgeable about their product and even pulled up an actual bill to show me where I would be saving. Don't waste anymore time with these guys, pull the eject lever before they hit the ground!

Wizard

I was wrong in stating no other carriers had this issue. Seems at least one major did......and they released a patch to fix it!! Yet, months later it's still broken. It's a major function of typing on our phones, and has been utterly ignored.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat