cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Connection unstable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wifi Connection unstable.

I have just started having a wifi connection unstable error today. I have power cycled my phone, router , and modem multiple times. Each time with no results. I have even adjusted my channel on my wifi network to see if it was just major wifi signal congestion. I have looked up multiple fixes that some have said worked from power cycling to turning off wifi power save mode to and do a reactivate solution and re doing my activation with the dial code. I am quite frustrated and would like to figure out what is going on. Do not state any of the solutions I have said in this because you will be meet with some stupid rude comments from me. I am looking to fix  the problem or find out what is doing this. All other devices on my network are running fine. This is the only one having problems.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Wifi Connection unstable.

Yettiman3000,

I understand your frustration and want to help. Does this issue only occur when connecting to your wifi network? Have you spoken to your Internet Service Provider to verify it's not an issue with the connection?

Sandy
Sprint Social Care Team
Master

Check for any updates that you might have for your router, many people had that fixed by updating the software in the router. Also turn the smart WiFi connection off, that should help.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Yes -- do as Dj_Damjano suggested.  Update the firmware for your router.  This seems to have solved my problem.

Journeyman

My device began having the same error message after the last jellybean update....my husband's also.

Journeyman

This is a known issue with the 4.3 OS. There is not a fix. If you have 4.4.2 (kit kat) you can go to Best Buy and see if there is an update with their Samsung Tool on their computer. Otherwise, you just have to wait until Samsung pushes a patch for a fix to the issue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat