cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Galaxy Note II be receiving the 4.2 or 4.3 update anytime soon??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Galaxy Note II be receiving the 4.2 or 4.3 update anytime soon??

I love my Note II with 4.1 however, I really think I would like the update to 4.3 or even 4.3. I switched from iPhone 5 and 98% of my friends/coworkers use iPhone and I miss the group mms option that iPhone had. From the research I have done 4.2 has that option and would be nice to have... Before you even go there and say "then why did you switch?" or "if you want that go back" 1. I didnt know better. 2. Becasuse I dont want to and group messaging should be available for all devices and not screwed up, and when theres a fix - offer an update, like your computer does or so on...

So anyways, does anyone here or even anyone with sprint who looks at this, when will the updated be rolled out to everyone with a Note II?

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Will Galaxy Note II be receiving the 4.2 or 4.3 update anytime soon??

I was wondering the same things!!! My tablet already got the update last week... why hasn't my phone updated? I love the way it looks on the tablet but I'm not using that as a phone!!!

Journeyman

I actually talked to sprint Last week on Friday they said the note 2 is scheduled to get 4.3 January 3 2014 but typically with Samsung they roll it out early and to not be surprised if you get it before the end of December 2013

Journeyman

I read online that its has begun to roll out in stages. As usual.  Go to xda developers, there is an article titled "android 4.3 pushed to sprint galaxy note II, update captured". I found this on google play newstand today.

Journeyman

chicago logan square,

no 4.3 yet either as of today

Journeyman

NORTH LOUISIANA NOTHING YET

Journeyman

STILL NO 4.3

Journeyman

I just got mine downloaded Samsung kies to my computer and it updated me to 4.3

Journeyman

How did you do that?  I have my phone/laptop connected to Kies and no update came across

Journeyman

You have to be running the actual Kies Software on your PC (not Kies Air through your web browser).  Download here: http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/#downloadWindows .  After installing the Kies Software, connect your phone to the PC with the data cable.  Kies will automatically detect your device's version and advise you there is an update available.  I just did mine, took about 25 minutes total.  Android 4.3 looks and feels much nicer on the phone than 4.1.2 did.

Journeyman

this really does work check it out yourself

Journeyman

I downloaded Kies for windows and installed.  I connected my Sprint Note II to my computer and it detects my phone fine but gives no update option to 4.3.  Am I doing something wrong?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat