cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the US/Sprint version of the Note II have the screen recorder function? (admin please advise)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the US/Sprint version of the Note II have the screen recorder function? (admin please advise)

The topic says it all and no I am not talking about taking a screen shot.  I am looking specifically for the function demonstrated in the video below.

Please advise.

It seems to be that feature was removed in the international versions and I want to know if it has been removed in the US/Sprint version as well.

12 REPLIES 12
Wizard

Re: Will the US/Sprint version of the Note II have the screen recorder function? (admin please advise)

Cool feature. I don't see it in the Getting Started guide but will love to see it in the US versions

Master

Re: Will the US/Sprint version of the Note II have the screen recorder function? (admin please advise)

Latest that I read was that none of the Europe's and US Note 2's will have that feature, due to liability for copyright laws  that su ks...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Dj_Damjano wrote:

Latest that I read was that none of the Europe's and US Note 2's will have that feature, due to liability for copyright laws  that su ks...

Can you show me where you read this?  I'd like to see an official word from Samsung if possible.

Wizard

I am sure some developers from XDA will pull the apk from Note 1 and make it works on Note 2

Journeyman

M_Marcus wrote:

I am sure some developers from XDA will pull the apk from Note 1 and make it works on Note 2

This function is on the Note 1?  I thought it was new to the Note II?!

Journeyman

Also one of the reasons I'm getting the Note II.  From Samsung News->US:

"Furthermore, users will be able to share their experiences with others quickly and easily using Screen Recorder. It allows users to record a whole sequence of actions taken on their screen — a demonstration of how to use an application, for example — and then share it with friends for comment, or just for fun. "

So are we being herded?  Or can someone please look this up for us.  Thanks.

Wizard

My bad!! The video was showing GN2.

Master

on further reading, Sprint announced that as a feature for the Note2 back on the 19th, Here is the Link

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Great catch!  Hopefully they stay true their word.  We'll find out in just a few days. 

Wizard

Its not a matter of keeping their word. If it is deemed to be copyright infringment, Samsung can just push out a  update and have it removed. but I'm hoping it stays since I find that a very cool feature.

TS

Journeyman

Welp, I have confirmed that the function is NOT present on the T-mobile version and there is no mention of it in the Sprint User Guide.  I think it's safe to say that this function is GONE. 

Looks like I'll be rooting this phone after all.  Really wanted to avoid doing that.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat