cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is sprint going to or not going to carry the galaxy note?

Journeyman

is sprint going to or not going to carry the galaxy note?

i currently am suffering through my 4th model and 8th or 9th handset and would like to have the note instead of wasting more time and money and frustration on more junk. 

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: is sprint going to or not going to carry the galaxy note?

Yes, Sprint will be carrying the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Master

From the words around, oct 24th should be the official presentation of the Note II by Samsung, and soon after that, Sprint should start preorders for a week or two, followed by the actual sales. So maybe mid Nov you should be enjoying your Galaxy Note II.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Before a new phone (or phone model) is introduced in this country, the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) must be notified and registered with.  Unfortunately, it looks like SPRINT is not one of the companies that has registered the Samsung Galaxy Note-2 with the FCC, according to this story...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/28/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-variants-for-att-t-mobile-verizon-at-fcc/     (Be sure to read the Readers Comments at the end of the article)

Hopefully, this is just a case of Sprint being late to the party, or, registered the Note-II early, before the other carriers?  Regardless, I will be getting 3 of them for our family even if we have to change from Sprint.

Fingers Crossed,

Allen Chicago

Wizard

Companies are allowed to have the FCC withhold documents from being shown until a certain date. It does not mean that Sprint did not register the Note 2.

TS

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat