cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kitkat_4.4_update Locked Up my Samsung Note II

Highlighted
Journeyman

kitkat_4.4_update Locked Up my Samsung Note II

I have a Samsung Note II, 4.4 Kit Kat caused my phone to lock on reboot following the update.  Sprint store repairs say there is nothing they can do and referred me to Samsung Mobile store, said they may be able to force a restore of the factory rom.  Have tried a manual restore via Kies with no luck.... Expensive paper weight with no resolution from Sprint... Best they could do was recommend I change my plan and purchase a new phone at full price... Sprint Store said don't even try Sprint Customer Service, they won't do anything for you except forward your call around until you get disconnected...

So, what to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: kitkat_4.4_update Locked Up my Samsung Note II

huskerackc - We're so sorry to hear about what happened to your phone. How long has it been since you've had your phone? If you're still under the manufacturers warranty you can get your phone replaced at a Sprint repair store. Please let us know, we want to help. - Kayan Social Care Team
Journeyman

Hi

i had the same issue. Here is what i did and it helped me.

Samsung Note 2 got stuck in boot screen after OTA update (Sprint) and How to Fix It - YouTube

Hope it helps you.

Journeyman

Champion77,

You saved my phone!  Thanks for the link, worked perfectly.  I had tried several other attempts at flashing back to factory restore but all failed.  This brought me back like the kit kat update didn't even happen!  Like everything these days, if you can't fix it yourself your out of luck...Thanks again, and NO thanks to Sprint, just sayin...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat