cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"damage sd card"!! Any solutions?

Journeyman

"damage sd card"!! Any solutions?

I simply restarted my phone and received the error message "damaged sd card" try reformatting. Unfortunately, I did not backup any of my files and is wondering is there any way I can fix this.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: "damage sd card"!! Any solutions?

ASBLACKMON90

Is it a mini SD card? And, what device do you have? Let us know.

Erica

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

The same thing happened to me, one day there was just a notification talking about issues with my sd card that it couldnt be accessed. I removed it and placed it back in and would no longer detect it, it couldnt be detected on my computer either. I checked other forums and it said that happened during a samsung update but it had already been 3 months since the last update when it stopped working. 16 gb micro sd card on a samsung galaxy note II

Rsek

Have you tried your SD card in an alt device if you have on (another phone). Has it requested you to reformat it ? So sorry for the delay. When you used it in the computer did you try more than one adapter? I has on occasion start to work after using an alternate adapter ,and sometimes in an alternate device. At least to retrieve info. Let me know.

Erica

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Erica

Yes i did try it on different adapters, I used an sd card adapter and a usb adapter, I have never jad an issue with the usb adapter. And device wise, I tried it on my samsung media dock, on my laptop and my wifes laptop. On all it would say that there was no device in that media and when i placed a new sd card on the adapters, it recogjized it perfectly.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat