cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what Happen with the KNOX app???

Journeyman

what Happen with the KNOX app???

I have a question will the galaxy note 2 get the KNOX app to work all the carriers has it but no sprint why????

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Master

Re: what Happen with the KNOX app???

Oscar, unfortunately, the Samsung Note 2 won't support KNOX on any carrier because the hardware configuration can't handle the virtual machine necessary to run the program.  KNOX is only going to be available for the Note 3, S3/S4 and Note 10.1 tablets for now. 

Thanks,
*Christy
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Christy before you make a statement you have to be sure what are you talking about because is a lie that the galaxy note 2 doesn't support the KNOX on any carrier my wife has the galaxy note 2 for Tmobile and she made the update last day and guess what KNOX APP is running on her galaxy note 2 with no problems I talked to samsung they said is a problem with sprint so don't lie to me KNOX work on the galaxy note to on any carrier but not on sprint why???????

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have Knox on my Sprint Note 2.. Just do not see an icon for it.

I went into the app manager/ALL and scrolled down and there it is, not sure if its working properly or not but it shows up there.

Its strange i cant seem to be able to access it from anywhere though..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whats going on? this was supposed to be one of the best phones on the market. updates are rolled out slow. I was in a store today talking to a DM in champaign IL . I asked him about the 4.3 update and when i could expect the OTA. His response was that since my last name starts with an R, I'll be seeing the update last. TOTAL BS. I worked for sprint two months ago.

another question. if you updated via kies will there still be an OTA?

Highlighted
Journeyman

well RSPC i never said I don't have the KNOX I said why I can't get the widget on my phone read before make a statement

Highlighted
Journeyman

oscar684 Really?

I did read! Did you forget what you wrote?

You wrote:

Quote "I have a question will the galaxy note 2 get the KNOX app to work all the carriers has it but no sprint why????"

Then you wrote in reply to *Christy, Sprint Social Care Team:

Quote "Christy before you make a statement you have to be sure what are you talking about because is a lie that the galaxy note 2 doesn't support the KNOX on any carrier my wife has the galaxy note 2 for Tmobile and she made the update last day and guess what KNOX APP is running on her galaxy note 2 with no problems I talked to samsung they said is a problem with sprint so don't lie to me KNOX work on the galaxy note to on any carrier but not on sprint why???????"

I do not see any reference to a widget for Knox

In any case I was posting with you not against you. I was agreeing with you that KNOX is in fact on the Sprint Note2.

I also explained how I found it so that the Sprint rep could see for their self.

Sorry you did not understand what I wrote.

Highlighted
Journeyman

gpslick

I don't think it has to do with your name or I would have been after you, I got the notification about 2 weeks ago.

I do not think there would be an OTA update if you already did an OTW update via Kies, I could be wrong though.

Highlighted
Master

Hey Oscar684.

Let me please do some research on this for you and I will keep you posted on what I find. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you,
*Paida

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well sorry mister/miss tech I forget to be so specific so you get my question next time I will be more specific so you can get iT ok  RSPC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Paida

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI I'm not a tech and i do not work for Sprint.

I'm just a person trying to help.

Yes Knox was working on my Note 2 and it was a pain in the butt to disable but I managed to do so.

I'm wondering why the Sprint Rep said it was not supported on any Note 2 when it comes with the latest update.

Also wondering why you decide to attack me when all I did was try to help.

Oh well such is life i guess.

Have a Happy Holiday

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat