Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 5: No microSD card NO problem! Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

A lot of hubbub has been made about the latest Samsung Galaxy devices shedding the microSD memory card slot (and sealing up the battery). There's certainly no shortage of opinions about whether losing the mSD slot is good or bad. My opinion: It's a good thing.

Samsung is always pushing the envelope in design, materials and usability of their smartphones. The Galaxy Note 5 is no exception. Everything about the Note 5 exudes tech savvy, raw power, capable tools and luxurious refinement. What it doesn't exude is cavernous storage...at least, not on board. And that's a good thing.

Shedding the mSD slot has allowed Samsung to redesign the Note 5 to be even slimmer and lighter than previous Note devices. Check out the comparison of the Note 4 vs Note 5 from Android Pit. The specs only tell part of the story. Since Samsung made the decision to seal in the battery, they were able to taper the back edges of the Note 5 to feel more natural in your hand when you hold it, unlike the hard corner edges of its predecessor. Plus, by being able to shed the memory mSD card controller, the data bus speeds are much faster. If that sounds like geek-speak to you just know this: The Note 5 launches apps faster, transitions screens quicker, processes graphics better and has less delay than previous gen Note smartphones. So it's a very good thing.

Sprint will sell the 32GB Note 5, which in plenty of local (super fast) storage for almost everyone's needs. I can't remember the last time I used a mSD card in a smartphone anyway. But if 32GB isn't enough storage for you, don't worry. Samsung teamed up with Microsoft to make sure you don't run out of room. Check out all the freebies each owner of a Note 5 can get when they register with Samsung.

Microsoft is offering each Note 5 owner 100GB of free cloud storage on OneDrive for two years, valued at $48! So go ahead and sync your photos, videos, notes and documents to OneDrive and stop worrying about missing that mSD slot.

Slimmer, lighter, faster AND way better design? Yes! I'll gladly accept the Galaxy Note 5 without the microSD card slot! I'm sure you will too. As always, thanks for reading. I hope you found this information helpful.

Best wishes,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee