cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo Hybrid Carbon - Galaxy Note 5 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Wizard

m_note5_nh_carbon_title_danred_grande.jpg?v=1441234795

I think Spigen is my favorite brand! With the addition of the Neo Hybrid Carbon for the Note 5 that love continues. This case on only looks great it doesn't add really any thickness to an already large device. I also like that that it has been Military Grade Certified, 810g-516.6 to be exact.

So what does that actually mean?

MIL-STD 810G is basically a set of certification's that any device will go thru and the "-516.6" actually specifies what type of test. In this case the 516.6 means "Shock".

Method 516.6 – Shock

This is probably the method that is cited the most by manufacturers and agencies alike. Part of this test method is sometimes referred to as the “drop” test, and it gauges how well a device holds up to impacts while falling from certain heights. The tests are designed to determine how well a device can put up with general physical abuse while in operation

Source Link

Given the type of case this is this is probably one of the more important tests for a the case as we all know that from time to time our devices will take a spill and there is nothing worse than having a case on your phone and offer no protection at all. I've really really come to appreciate what Spigen has put into their cases as I've dropped my phones a couple of times, from various heights, and Spigen has come thru with the protection. I've also noticed that right after the fall a corner or side will be pretty scuffed up but over a week or so those rough marks tended to smooth out and virtually disappear. Pretty darn cool!

Here are the specs for this specific case:

features_note5_nh_carbon.jpg?12058114103505059039

What is also great is Spigen offers a 2-year warranty on their cases to give you the satisfaction of knowing that your phone will not only be protected but so will your investmentDisclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.!