cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note5 Overview - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Note5 and am thoroughly impressed with this beast of a device. The 5.7 inch Quad HD Super Amoled display is probably the most beautiful device screen I have seen. It is bright, brilliant, and pleasing to the eye. When you look at it, you can't help but to think "Wow!"

note5.png

Let’s talk about power. This device is sporting an Exynos 7420, 64-bit, Quad-Core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 processor. In addition to that, it also has 4GB of RAM! Yes… 4GB. Are you drooling yet? Again.. “Wow!” Running multiple tasks simultaneously is a pleasure with all that memory. I find practically no latency.

My favorite feature of this device so far is creating a note with the S-Pen. When the screen is off, I simply eject the S-Pen to scribble a note on the screen. It is so convenient! I will go into a blog post on this feature in the near future.

The 16MP OIS rear camera on this device takes amazingly brilliant photos and has an F1.9 aperture. The 5MP front camera takes super shots too… with features that really let you have some creativity with your photos, such as a beauty feature to help make you look more beautiful. There are a lot of other effects and features as well, which we’ll delve into on another post.

Regarding storage, the device comes with either 32 or 64GB of onboard storage. It does not allow for storage expansion with a MicroSD card, however. That being said, Samsung has an agreement with Microsoft that will get you 2 years of 100GB of OneDrive cloud storage for free.

If you’re a fitness enthusiast, the Note5 has you covered with S Health. S Health is a fantastic way to track your health and fitness. I personally use it to track my hikes, walks, runs, and to keep up with my daily food log, and it tracks a lot more than that!  It is nice to not have to install additional apps for this, as it is all built into your device already.

If you’re like me, you are all about the specs, and the Note5 specs do not disappoint:

Specs

• Dimensions: 6.03 x 3.00 x 0.30 in
  • Weight: 6.03 ounces
  • Display: 5.7” Quad HD Super Amoled, 2560 x 1440 (518 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 4
  • Camera: Rear - 16MP OIS (F1.9), Front - 5MP (F1.9)
  • Processor: Exynos 7420 (64-bit, 14nm), Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57
  • Network: 4G LTE
  • S pen: 240Hz sample rate, 2048 pressure level
  • Memory: 4GB  RAM, 32 or 64GB ROM
  • Battery: Li-Po 3000mAh (non-removable)
  • Charging: Fast Charging, Fast Wireless
  • Payment: NFC, MST, Samsung Pay
  • Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+, microUSB 2.0, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou,
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, RGB Light, Geo-magnetic, Gyro, Fingerprint, Barometer, Hall, HRM
  • Audio: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
  • 3.5mm jack
  • Video: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
  • Camera: Rear Camera - 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash; Front Camera - 5MP; Camera Features - Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR

In short, this device is awesome and Samsung did a great job with it. I am quite impressed and look forward to writing more about this device over the coming weeks. I highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note5, available from Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee