cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note5 S Pen Awesomesauce - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Note5 for a few weeks now and have fallen in love with the S Pen… aka Samsung’s stylus.

s-pen.jpg

Let me ask you this… how many times have you needed to jot down a note, looked for a piece of paper and pen only to realize you have your smart device in front of you. You unlock your smart device and try to quickly find your note app, widget, etc. After the frustration kicks in as you need to jot this note down right away, you probably start to create an email to yourself as your note, am I right? We’ve all been there. Note taking on the fly… tedious and messy. Period. 

Well, Samsung has fixed this with the Note5 and “Screen Off Memo.” The Note5 comes the ability to write on your screen with the S Pen while the screen is off (the Note5 must be on though). It will then capture an action memo, saving anything you write on your screen into S Note. This is the best feature, hands down. I have used this often over the past few weeks, and it works beautifully.

Samsung has S Note, which is a fantastic note taking app. However, many of us have already invested years worth of notes and energy into Evernote. If this is you (as it is me), S Note allows you to add your Evernote account, so that all of your S Notes will be saved to Evernote, thus allowing you to access those notes from anyplace you use Evernote, such as your computer and other smart devices. Pretty rad, right?

Here is another awesome feature… writing on pdfs! Personally, I find myself in situations where I need to sign and edit pdfs. In my role, contracts and agreements that require my signature come through often. Before the Note5, I had to save the pdf on my computer, open it in a different program, stamp my signature, save the pdf, and email it back. I had to do this from my work computer, and was unable to do it on the fly from my device… until now. Samsung has pdf editing with the Note5 and S Pen. Now, when you open a pdf, you can write on, save, and send it back… easy as that. It works really well.

The Note5 has an Air Command menu that displays on your screen every time you eject your S Pen. The menu displays a list of available features. It makes it very simple to find what you want to accomplish when you eject your S Pen.

Some other cool things you can do with the S Pen are write/draw on your images, screen capture items that you select or draw around, choose different pen tips, colors, sizes, and more. There is also an S Pen alert, which will alert you when your Note5 is not near the S Pen.

To customize S Pen settings, be sure to visit Settings > Device > S Pen on your Note5. Wait, you don’t have a Note5 yet? No worries! It is available from Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee