cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spigen & Otter Box Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Cases.PNG

One thing I do with every phone I review is put a case on it because I never know when I may drop it out of my truck or while I am walking. I have actually dropped my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 at least 3 or 4 times in the last 4 plus weeks I have had it. Each time i accidentally dropped it, my Note 5 was protected. The problem many have that I have spoken with about cases is that it takes away from the phone or makes it to bulky. I am going to review the Spigen Slim Armor and Otter Box Defender Series cases on my Note 5.

logo_marque_spigen_phone_area.png

I will start with my Spigen Slim Armor that is Certified Military Grade... the certification of this case by itself for Military Grade should speak for itself in protection. I do not want a case for protection alone though and that is one of the things I liked about the Spigen case. Spigen Slim Armor keeps the phone slim and trim with the bonus of a kickstand to watch movies on the 5.7" Quad HD Super AMOLED (2560x1440) touch screen. The kickstand is one of my favorite features of this case and why I prefer it. Plus it slides in and out of the pocket with no problem unlike some cases that are thicker. The only thing I would add is a screen protector to keep the phone from getting scratched up. I think my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 fell out of my hand twice and only thing that happened was my S Pen was ejected. All the ports are cut out very well for taking pictures, charging the phone and does not block any of the sensors.

Otterbox.png

Otter Box makes another great case for the Samsung Galaxy note 5 and I have been using it for the last two weeks. The Defender Series from Otter Box comes with belt clip holder and a screen protector. The case was very easy to install and protects the phone very well. Both the charging port and headphone port are protected and have to be opened in order to use them. One of things I think I have liked the best about the Otter Box case on my Note 5 is the screen protector. I noticed the two weeks I used my Spigen case the screen had some small scratches on it because it does not come with a screen protector. That is my fault from not ordering Galaxy Note 5 Screen Protector Crystal to keep my display scratch free. The Otter Box Defender Series comes with a screen protector and installs with the case. I had dropped my Note 5 with the Otter Box case on and picked it up with everything fully operations on my phone.

R1_Noble_PDP_S_Pen-b4.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is a beautiful phone and if you want to keep it that way, a case is needed. Both the Otter Box Defender and Spigen Slim Armor has protected my phone from those accidental drops. There is nothing like dropping your phone and not knowing what it will look like when you pick it up..... with these two case I do not have to worry about that. I will be switching back to my Spigen case soon as my Crystal glass protector arrives from Spigen.

Visit a Sprint store to see if the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is the next phone for you and while you are there check out the cases available from Otter Box or visit Spigen's website for the other case options they have.

Thanks for your time,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee