cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Made for Each Other

Sprint Product Ambassador

gears2.jpg

I recently picked up Samsung's fantastic Gear S2 smartwatch and am loving it.

I'm a smartwatch fan and have had several watches, most recently devices using Android Wear and I have to say that Samsung's choice of Tizen for the OS really makes all the difference in terms of capabilities.  There are certain things that Android Wear just can't do well yet and in my opinion has a long way to go until it's a compelling enough operating system for wearables so Samsung's customization of Tizen on the Gear 2 really helps close those gaps.

So what the heck does all of this have to do with the Note 5?

Well, one of the great things about the Gear S2 is that it does not need a Samsung phone to work and in fact will work on any Android device, but there's something about Samsung hardware working with Samsung hardware that just seems RIGHT.

Pairing the Gear S2 with the Note 5 was a breeze, and Samsung's new Gear Manager app that has been updated for the new watch is fantastic.  WAY more intuitive that it ever was with the original Gear S cuff, I mean watch .

Gearm1.png

Selecting Watch faces is easy and there are plenty of faces to choose from, especially the best kind (free).  I have found several great watch faces without paying extra, and in addition to the stock faces you will have no shortage of different looks for your new Gear S2.

Gearm2.png

In addition to faces, Gear Manager also has an easy way to pull down 3rd party apps that have been optimized for Gear devices, including several popular apps like Yelp, ESPN, CNN and others.  Don't worry, you'll have loads of apps to keep your eyes glued to the Gear S2's 1.2" AMOLED screen.  I joke but it's actually amazing how immersed you can get into your little watch face.  I find myself doing it and instead of hearing "why are you on your phone so much?!?" I now hear "why are you on your watch so much?!?"  Ah well.

gear store.png

Check out the Verge's review of the S2 for more info, and if you get one, make sure you try it out on the Note 5.  Those two seem to truly be made for each other!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment