cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Case-Off

Journeyman

One of most conflicting issues I have with new phones is whether or not to put a case on it. I thoroughly enjoy using a phone without a case, showing off the meticulous design to the world. When it comes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the struggle is immense. The phone is beautiful, and the edges and curves are deserve to be showcased to anyone looking. Alas, Samsung’s decision to make the body out of glass means I will definitely need some strong protection for my lovely device. I can’t take a risk of shattering either side of my device.

Thankfully, I have received two cases to try out: The Spigen Slim Armor, and the Otterbox Defender.

First, the Spigen case is one of my favorite line of cases. I’ve had multiple instances of the Slim Armor line for other phones, and every time I love everything about this case! The same holds true for the Galaxy Note 5 version. Spigen offers the case in Champagne, Violet, Gunmetal, and Metal Slate. One of my favorite things about the Spigen Slim Armor is how well it fits the device. With some of the cases I’ve tried, you can tell precision was not the main goal. With every Spigen case I’ve used, the fit has been perfect. As its name suggests, the Slim Armor balances protection and comfort which doesn’t add a lot of bulk to the phone but keeps your device from shattering every time it falls out of your lap! The Spigen Slim Armor also sports a kickstand, which is perfect for the Quad HD screen of the Note 5. Now I can watch my soccer games hands-free.

On the other hand, the Otterbox Defender lives up to its name as well. There doesn’t seem to be anything that can penetrate this case! The Otterbox brand is known for its protection offered by its cases. The Defender is made up of three separate pieces that helps protect your device. The hard shell (which actually comes as two pieces) snap together around the Note 5 covering both the front and back of the device.  Then a padded rubber-like skin fits around the hard shell, and offers another layer of protection against drops. There is another piece that helps prevent drops, but its not as popular to use in my experience. The belt clip. Thankfully Otterbox has made this piece separate therefore optional!

My personal preference is the Spigen case. I’m not particularly hard on devices and tend not to drop them often (knocks on wood!) The Spigen case offers the protection I require and gives me that extra kick(stand) that really sets it apart. However, my wife is EXTRA hard on phones. It seems like every phone she touches ends up with a cracked screen or a chipped corner. She DEFINITELY needs the extra protection of the Otterbox Defender.

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Thanks for reading

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.