cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i the only one with battery issues?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Am i the only one with battery issues?

I just got my Note 5 on Tuesday and already I'm at 24% battery after an 8 hour shift. Light web browsing, no games, no video other than fb videos. All the benchmarks I've seen, show I should get 16hours of battery life on web browsing.

I have gps off.

No wifi at work so its off.

Screen dimmed to 10% brightness.

Account Sync is off.

And i have dropped 2% while typing this out.

I just think I have a bad battery. The phone was at 1% when the salesman unboxed it. I know lithium batteries depreciate when they get ran that low. Should i take the phone back and exchange it for another?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Am i the only one with battery issues?

Oh and power saving mode is on...

Sprint Product Ambassador

We've seen a couple of isolated cases of this, given you are within the 14 day guarantee period take it to your local Sprint Retail Store and let them know what is going on.  They can check any potential software pitfalls but this might be a simple case of a battery issue.   Here is a link to our store locator to find the closest location:

http://storelocator.sprint.com/mobile/EZ.aspx

Journeyman

Have you disabled Facebook and Facebook messenger? Even if you don't open the app they suck battery in the back ground

The first thing I do with a new Samsung phone is download the app called package disabler and disable everything I don't and will not use

Give it a try I'll bet anything it's all the bloat ware and the crap apps killing your battery

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat