cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Burst Mode disable toggle missing

Wizard

Camera Burst Mode disable toggle missing

Not sure how pervasive this is with all the carrier models, but the option to turn OFF the burst mode (holding down the shutter key while taking pictures) is missing on the Note 5 (and the S6 for that matter).  I assume this is a Samsung decision, but I hope that perhaps Sprint can lobby to bring that option back?

Am I missing the setting?  Anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Camera Burst Mode disable toggle missing

I'm seeing the same thing, several of the popular features are automatically integrated into the camera experience.  The one I noticed right off the bat was HDR auto setting.    I'm on Sprint's Product Ambassador Team for the device and will bring this up in our forum.  What is the main issue you are running into?  Are you finding that burst mode is engaging when you aren't intending it to? 

Wizard

Ramsey646 wrote:

I'm seeing the same thing, several of the popular features are automatically integrated into the camera experience.  The one I noticed right off the bat was HDR auto setting.    I'm on Sprint's Product Ambassador Team for the device and will bring this up in our forum.  What is the main issue you are running into?  Are you finding that burst mode is engaging when you aren't intending it to?

Yes, burst mode fires all the time if you hold the shutter down for a split second longer than a quick tap.  Why this is important is that when you "tap" your screen, you jostle the device and therefore the picture can be a touch blurry (even with the OIS and super fast shutter).  Better practice is to actually hold the shutter down, allow the focus to occur, and then release.  This is especially key when taking shots of kids who don't like to smile....with the shutter depressed the camera is ready and you can get a steadier shot than tapping the screen quickly.  Previous Samsung phones had a burst mode toggle, would be great to see it on the Note 5 and S6 devices. 

As it sits now, when you fire of a burst of 30 photos in a split second, I'm sure the shot you want is in there, but it takes a while to find.  Make sense? 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE see if you can get the shutter sound toggle reinstated on this device on Sprint.  All other carriers Note 5 and S6s have the toggle to silence the shutter.  I'm talking about the actual toggle, not the fact that you can turn the volume down to silence the shutter.  That's an inconvenient hassle and doesn't make any sense since other carriers allow this AND other manufacturer's phones on Sprint allow this (HTC M9 and iphone, etc.).

it does and thank you for taking the time to provide all of this, let me work on how best to get this feedback over to Samsung. 

Wizard

I assume you've had no luck in trying to discuss this with Samsung?

I will have a Samsung rep in next week and I will provide her with your feedback. I noticed the same on my Note 5 that there is not an option to turn this off.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat