cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Galaxy Note 5 support Spark?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Does the Galaxy Note 5 support Spark?

I just placed a preorder for the Note 5.. I know the phone is coming equipped with the latest and greatest LTE capabilities, but I didn't see anywhere in the key features information about Spark.

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does the Galaxy Note 5 support Spark?

WAHY - I am so excited to hear that you've already pre-ordered the Note 5. However, this phone and all upcoming devices will be Spark capable. If I can of further assistance, please let me know.

Nicole

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Have you received a order# or tracking info or anything ? All i got was a email about sending it shortly. I ordered on the preorder release day last week

Journeyman

Sorry I'm off subject but should i have received a order# or tracking info or anything ? All i got was a email saying sorry about not sending the order number and I'd get it shortly.I ordered on the preorder release day last week

Journeyman

Yeah, surprisingly, my phone shipped Friday and it is delivering tomorrow. I may just be lucky, or its possible Sprint realized that they screwed up royally when I preordered the iphone 6 plus, so they are making up for it this time. I hope things happen quickly for you!

Master

WAHY,

Happy to hear your device is being shipped. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Nia

Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

NicoleM - Unfortunately, when you look at the features and coverage, Sprint Spark isn't listed for the Galaxy Note 5 nor the Galaxy 6 Edge+.  Is this a problem with the website not listing the capability mistakenly?  Even looking at the coverage map, it only shows Sprint 4G LTE for these devices whereas the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge both show to have Sprint Spark in the same area.  I'm not trying to be a naysayer at all; I'm genuinely curious about this because the Note 5 is the phone I've been anticipating to finally upgrade from my current GS3.  Looking at the processors on each phone, the GS6 has the Samsung Exynos 7420 processor, while the Note5 and G6 Edge+ are both running Qualcomm Snapdragon chips.  Based on the Sprint Website, your own systems seem to imply that the Qualcomm chips aren't compatible with Sprint Spark or AT LEAST haven't been updated to reflect the capability.  I hope it's the latter.  Otherwise, are there plans to include Sprint Spark capability for the Note5 in the pipeline?  Please see the screenshots below:

Note_5_Coverage.JPG

Note_5_Features.JPG

S6_Coverage.JPG

S6_Features.JPG

Journeyman

Anybody?

Journeyman

I have a question: What is the answer to Nytefusion's question?

Master

Nytefusion,

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is a Sprint Spark device. There are certain areas that do not operate on a Spark network. The area that you are referring to is 4G capable.

Nia

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

, this was why I included screenshot of the GS6 of the same area. It IS a Sprint Spark capable area. When I select the Note5,it only reflects 4GLTE coverage or capability. When the GS6 is selected, Sprint Spark is available. So thank you for partially answering my question, but it still doesn't explain why the Sprint website isn't listing Spark as an available feature on Note5....anywhere. Please engage someone from technical support either to correct the website or the information you have because at least one of you is incorrect.

Thank you,

NF

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat