cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS/location issues after upgrading to Nougat on my Note 5

Journeyman

GPS/location issues after upgrading to Nougat on my Note 5

I'm having GPS issues after completing the Nougat update, this morning, on my Note 5.
My location now wanders and will lock in properly for a short amount of time, then wander off again. I live in a small town, so there are no issues of building interference, nor have I had a problem prior to the update. I have switched to GPS only and to GPS, Wifi, and mobile networks. I have the same issue with either setting.

3 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: GPS/location issues after upgrading to Nougat on my Note 5

since this popped up after an update start start with a network reset in this case. pull up your dial pad and type in ##72786#. once you do that let it go through all its updates and then retest it. post back if this improved it or if its still acting up. the network reset will not dump any of your personal info..its only clearing the saved up network info and forcing it to update all of that.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I did the reset, but it's still not right. For anyone that may be worried about losing anything during the reset, you won't.
I'm currently approximately 2 blocks off. It's very sporadic. Sometime it's right on, usually with a bit of a delay, and other times it just stays a block or two off the actual location. It's been mostly off, though.

GrandMaster

the next step will be to do a cache/partition wipe on the device. same deal..this wont make you lose any personal info but it will dump info the phone has held onto and at times correct quite a few things..worst case scenario you will need to back up the phone and perform a factory reset..but before that this next attempt should be tried. im not seeing any reports of this so the update itself might not have loaded into the phone correctly...
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.