Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 5 - Wifi Hanging

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Note 5 - Wifi Hanging

It seems I constantly have trouble with my wifi connection hanging up. web pages and apps won't load.  I shut off wifi and go LTE and I'm fine. I turn wifi back on and it works for a bit, then bang - same thing happens.  I have other devises in my home connected via WIFI and none of them hang up.  Not sure what to check to see why this may be happening, but it is only on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Anybody else experience the same thing?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Galaxy Note 5 - Wifi Hanging

lplight

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to read you are having issues. Please try doing this, go to the dial pad and dial ##72786#. Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with my wifi being unstable. What does pressing ##72786# on my dial pad actually do? I'd like to know prior to just doing it.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

THE_FLOOD

This will just reset the network parameters of your phone, this way the phone will get new updates from the nearby towers. This will not delete any of your information, such as, photos, contact, videos, etc.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

its a network reset. it dumps all the saved up network info your phone pulls in from towers and makes it search it all back out fresh.

for what its worth though there is a know issue that is rumored to be getting worked on between Samsung and Sprint currently that should take care of the network issues the Note 5 has been seeing and hopefully the wifi issues that came in with MM.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I ran the text string as indicated. the phone reset twice and now I've received an Error while checking device status. It indicated the following:

ERROR

The firmware update could not be completed. Please try again later.

If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service

Error: Connection Error (6620)

My connections did re-establish, giving it a little time before I report back to see if the wifi stabilizes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well sad to report it did not work.....

I connected on the wifi network, and opened up a google search via the google app. It just sat and spun the little wheel waiting for data.  Gave it 30 seconds, then turned off Wifi.....refreshed...voila - search results!

Any more ideas?

Signed: Frustrated in Cary....

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

lplight

Try forgetting your Wi-Fi connection. Go into your Wi-Fi settings, either in the Settings menu or via the Quick Settings drop down, and select the connection. Choose Forget and then reconnect. Let me know how it goes.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having this same problem since a system update on April 3.  I am way past frustration with it.  I will try the network reset, but so far nothing has worked.  I have to turn off wifi and use data connection at work and home, though I have an air rave and there are no problems with other devices and wifi.  I was told I may have to do a factory reset.  UGH.  This shouldn't be happening.

And the network reset didn't work either.  Wifi continues to drop and reconnect continually.  I have several lines and a set amount of data between all of them.  Received a message yesterday that we are at 75% of data usage and still have 12 days left to the billing cycle---all because of this.   I hope someone finds a fix for it soon.

Message was edited by: skmcpike

Highlighted
Master

The update on the 3rd was just a security patch that Samsung and google will send out every month (at least they should).

Are you having this issue at home or everywhere?

Do you have WiFi calling always on?

Also, make sure you don't have smart network switch on:

Settings - WiFi - More - Smart network switch

Let me know if this helps or not.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your efforts, but it did not help.  Smart switch was off when I checked.  It happens no matter where I am.  I've never used wifi calling and have checked to see that it is off.   I don't know what the update was, but I know that it was on April 3rd and that all this started on that date.  I've been in to the local Sprint store at least three times and have called Tech Support once.  I can at least connect to some things now through LTE, but it may or may not stay even then.  I get frequent messages that there is no connection.  The little wheel spins, stops for a few seconds, then spins again....over and over.....

Another problem I have noticed is that my gmail doesn't update now, whereas before I would get a notification when a new email arrived.  I now have to refresh it to get them to show up.  Took me a few days to figure that one out.  And my weather app used to update on it's own; now shows "no data" unless it's been charging.  Sprint store said the latter is because I didn't have location turned on, however I have never kept location on unless I was getting directions, then I turn it off again.  I've tried leaving it on and it makes no difference; tried it with both wifi on and off, too.  My daughter has a Galaxy S6 and received an update earlier this week; her phone is now doing similar things. Sorry this is so long.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I "forgot" the WiFi network and the reconnected. Seemed to stay active longer than it had in the past, but low and behold, about 90 mins later just stopped responding. Turned WiFi off and low and behold, the page refreshed immediately.  

Still hangs...

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat