cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody else having trouble updating to latest PRL on the Note 5?

Journeyman

Is anybody else having trouble updating to latest PRL on the Note 5?

I've tried updating with System Update and with the Sprint Zone app. But when I run a diagnostic it tells me to the PRL still needs updating.

Incidentally, the Note 3 that I updated from had no trouble updating the PRL.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Is anybody else having trouble updating to latest PRL on the Note 5?

No issues here which either means I'm lucky or you have a software quirk.   I'm a Sprint Product Ambassador for the Note 5,  private message me when you get a chance and we'll troubleshoot further.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I send a private message on the mobile site?

Wizard

DMourouzis wrote:

I've tried updating with System Update and with the Sprint Zone app. But when I run a diagnostic it tells me to the PRL still needs updating.

Incidentally, the Note 3 that I updated from had no trouble updating the PRL.

What PRL you trying to get to?

Did you try a profile update first?  Then do the PRL update?

I just did mine and am at 55029.  This PRL just reshuffles some more roaming partners and adds more Roaming+ partners.

Journeyman

I'm also on 55029, originally it said there was an update available but it now says current.  I guess that means I didn't really need an update but my phone didn't know that.

I wish there was an update out there that would improve my data coverage because it's really poor.  I plan on returning the Note 5 this afternoon and reactivating my old Note 3 which had much better data coverage in my hometown in Westchester County.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat