cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July security patch

Go to solution
Journeyman

July security patch

I'm noticing that many other carriers have released July security patch but it doesn't appear that sprint had rolled anything out. Any idea as to when it will be rolled out?

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care

Re: July security patch

Good morning alberto.lopez718

Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concerns regarding the security updates. We know that hardly any code is perfect and sooner or later weaknesses will be identified. Security issues are the worst possible errors, as they may be exploited by malware to access and potentially damage your device. However, these updates are release by the manufactures and not Sprint. At this time we do not have a time frame for this release, but keep an eye on http://newsroom.sprint.com/  for the latest updates. Thanks for your patience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

It is out for the Nexus 6, but that's normal.

GrandMaster

security patches are mainly a google/OEM deal..carriers dont have much to do with them since its more of a device deal and not say reception fixes etc.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

test post

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just got it

Journeyman

I got a update 2 days ago but my battery is draining so fast now

Journeyman

I'm getting the exact same result, hopefully the new August patch will fix that issue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat