cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost data connection?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lost data connection?

I use the phone to listen to streaming radio and the Note 5 seems to lose connection for no reason.  I don't move locations.  The signal drops off to nothing sometimes as often as 5-6 times an hour.  Sometimes restarting the phone corrects this issue but other times restarting has no impact.  It's about 50-50 on restarts fixing it.  Other days the signal is strong all day long.  Ideas?

34 REPLIES 34
GrandMaster

Re: Lost data connection?

is this while inside? outside? while on Sprints network or while on wifi? and what all have you attempted so far aside from restarting the phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is inside. Same location all the time. It's not a wifi connection. Restart has been only actions taken. Other possible solutions?

Journeyman

What's frustrating is that connectivity is so different day to day. Same location. Inside but near large windows.

GrandMaster

you might be flip flopping between 2 towers though. so one is a bit closer but the connection is hit and miss for whatever reason and the further out tower takes over but due to range isnt as good. is there a tower issue and the next working tower is taking on the burden of everyone off that other tower? im going to mark this thread to be moved to the customer service area so an agent can assist

theyre going to need your zip and the closest cross streets to that building. no physical address.

for what its worth inside of buildings is a bit hit and miss..tons of factors fall into play when dealing with that..has the towers near you had the 800mhz upgrades? is the building older or newer? full of electronics and stuff that would normally block signal..

additional question..have you always had decent signal there in that same location while inside?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

I've been getting horrible data connection lately, myself. Same location, same times of day, but almost no data functionality now. Not since I went and installed the last update. I held off on it forever, but I just got tired of the notifications. So, I let it install. Now, my apps are slow and stall most of the time. And this junk about the new, faster network just makes it burn even more.

GrandMaster

wouldnt be the first time an update has affected phone performance network wise..start troubleshooting it out to see what helps or doesnt help. i havent followed much on the Note5 since i dont know anyone that has one lol. lots of reports coming in about the network signals after the update?

Journeyman

same here with note 5 service suck so badly they need to fix this issue sprint going have more angry customers that they cant use there phone or lte plus service data this crazy lte very slow or error message

GrandMaster

by chance are you in the North East part of the U.S? there was a known issue affecting both LTE and in some cases voice in that area..covered a pretty huge area as in multiple states..i know it was being worked on and slowly lit back up..if youre over there im wondering if they ran into additional stuff they had to go back to figuring out again.

Journeyman

I think theres a few bugs in the marshmellow update, on Lollipop i had absolutley no problems out of my note 5, Had LTE everywhere just like the iphone 6 plus i got rid of to get this, ever since the update i litterally have to turn on airplane mode and turn it off to get it to connect to lte, and thats only a temporary 5 minute solution before it goes to 3g again, and on 3g its nothing but an expensive paperweight. Ive done the prl update profile wiped the cache partion, nothing, did a factory reset and again nothing, Although i absolutley love android im starting to regret getting rid of my iphone i havnt even had this phone a full month.

GrandMaster

are there any other sprint phone owners around you so you can confirm that its in fact the phone and not the network?

Journeyman

Yup, my wife has the iphone 6s, She has LTE all day everyday, never does she drop to 3g. So im going go guess its just a bug, and hopefully if and when they send out an update itll fix it, but i know samsung slacks a bit on timley updates.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat