cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost data connection?

GrandMaster

Re: Lost data connection?

thats what i would look towards..one thing you can do is boot the phone into safe mode and see how it runs..if you pick up LTE and it sticks then there is possibly a rogue app causing this..if it still runs funky then its for sure the device itself..cant remember but did you already do a partition wipe on the device and lastly a factory reset?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yup did all of that, definatly a bug somewhere i suppose my friend who also has a note 5 with sprint is having the same issue,Sprint sent me a message saying its the software and they have notfied samsung for a fix to it they alot of people with note 5 are having issues after the marshmellow update

GrandMaster

huh...in that case now its the good ol wait on samsung deal until they kick out another update

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I the first post I read that have problems after the M update, I did mine and my phone is running like a champ evem faster and don't get any trouble with the LTE be the way is getting faster, Fireguy you was right when you said about the problem in  North Est  I live in Jersey and last week my service was slow but the fix the outage and every thing is getting better I have speeds up to 50 Mbps now

GrandMaster

boom!

yeah i got in contact with one of the peeps i talk to randomly and sure enough..reported outages for the North East of the U.S. i had a feeling something was amiss since so many threads were popping up for those areas but only a few popping up here and there for everywhere else so i fired him a message to see if anything has been looked into. i didnt think it was due to the MM update in a lot of the threads that were popping up with different devices..in some cases sure but when people started reporting where they were it started to point to something else entirely.

fastest i have had while connected to LTE plus was a hair over 80mbps down..actually out of boredom im going to run a test in my shop..this place might as well be a bomb shelter when it comes to phone signal..

56ms ping

a solid 21.77mbps down<~~need to see if i was on plus or not

7.29mbps down

k so that was the regular 2500...not plus..im close enough to the tower that it wont push me into the 800mhz instead...or the 2500mhz is overpowered a bit lol..not complaining in the least..k so on plus now and retesting.

ARG MATIES...THAR SHE BLOWS!!

36ms ping

57mbps down

9.13mbps up.

while inside of a warehouse that kills souls and signal in one mighty swoop

Journeyman

My note5 used to work wonderfully on wifi an regular network, but ever since the MM update i am losing network connection on almost every app, cant use wifi because it does the same thing an wont work. I have hard reset the phone an nothing, had samsung reflash the update back onto the phone just incase it had a error an nothing. Its very irritating not bein able to use my phone for anythin an randomly get a code 97 which is for airave that is irrelevant to the note5.

Journeyman

i 100% agree with everyone everyone who has note 5 have problems with the services not connected to sprint network lte plus i have same issue i get 2 different error message on my note 5 iphone 6 came with a fix today to fix to connecting to lte they need to give us same update to fix ur phone

so we injoy ur phone what we are pay for that we cant not use data

Journeyman

Yeah after MM LTE service sucks, a friend of mine who also has the note 5 just did the update yesterday locked him out of his phone

Journeyman

Ya i have to constantly close out apps or restart phone, an wifi is non existent anymore even tho it connects to it.

Journeyman

All manufact recommend a full reset of the phone after any software updates. If u havent then your prob having issues due to all the stuff left over thats not needed anymore. back up using google and youtube for tutorials and wipe it clean.  will stop the connection issues and also save your battery.

[inappropriate link removed]

"This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"
Message was edited by: TheModerator

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife has the S5Note, Marshmellow update middle of last week and she's now getting horrible service, especially in our home.  I've got the Galaxy S5, last night I received the notice of updating to MarshMellow on my phone, so far I've just downloaded the update but haven't installed.  Here's the thing, my G-S5 is working great at home, always has, my wife's S5-Note always worked fine at home but once the update it keeps dropping service especially on Wi-Fi.

Reading through the info on MM, it seems lots can go wrong even though it seems to be mostly confined to the S5-Note until I almost hate to upgrade my Galaxy-S5.

Message was edited by: Renegade60

GrandMaster

the S5 started getting the MM update a day or so ago and i havent noticed anyone having issues with their connections..the Note 5 on the other hand i have noticed issues with connectivity or at least people reporting they are having issues with it after the update..the MM update isnt the same for both phones. personally you wont see any drastic changes going from LP to MM..i have it on my M9 without any issues.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat