cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost data connection?

Journeyman

Re: Lost data connection?

Thanks for the response and info, and ironically, my S5 with LP has been working perfectly.  I'll try installing it probably Sunday night after I slow down, busy weekend coming up.  I'm not much of a techie, but I suppose there is that much difference in operating systems between what I have, the S5, and my wife having the S5-Note, that it's giving her some problems?

Journeyman

an external link to a how-to video is not against the rules in this public forum according to the https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...Customer Service Lost data connection?

GrandMaster

each phone gets kind of the same update but with a twist..since technically theyre not the same phone they are going to have different things done to them..so the odds of 2 different phones made by the same carrier having the same issue after an update is a bit of a stretch..well normally..that last update had an affect on MANY phones out there no matter the manufacturer..she has the Note 5 correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Correct, she has the Note5, and since installing MM, she is still experiencing dropping Wi-Fi, (when nothing else in the house is having any problems with Wi-fi, and that includes 9 HD-TVs, computers, and children/grandchildren phones when they come by), and she's having sporadic dropping of her bluetooth.  I installed MM on my S5, and ironically I have had no problems, ti's working well, thank you!

Master

That is a known issue with Google MM. I believe Samsung and Google are going to push an update to fix few issues that were created.

Unfortunately, there will always be issues with major updates.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thanks, but I shouldn't have to pay for a "software fix" on a phone that was working fine before the MM update.  Sprint techies at a Sprint store suggested it would cost me $75. to fix it, really?

GrandMaster

he didnt say anything about having to pay though. if you dont have insurance on the phone that might be why they are asking for the $75. unless its a restocking fee for another device. odds are the new device would have the same issues as this one does once its updated.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've got another "thread" going with one of the care representatives where I explained to her;  my wife took her Note5 to a Spring service center for the "master reset" that was recommended, after they did that, the phone was still having problems, that's when the center told her, for a $75. service fee, they'll take it, look at it, and fix(?) it.  My question was;  if it was, and (IT WAS), working fine before the MM update, why should we have to pay for something "they," or Samsung broke?

GrandMaster

its basically a fee for the agent to even look at it. been this way for years no matter which carrier youre with. if you have insurance on the device then there is no fee. aside from that if the MM update is what messed it up then another fix update is needed from the OEM..once they figure out the cause and come up with a fix for it..which takes time.

Master

Unfortunately, as of this moment, don;t waste your money for them to look at it since it is an OS issue. They will not be able to fix it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

They couldn't do anything, it was just a "master reset(?)" that they did, she didn't want to do it herself not being sure of whether her info was backed up correctly, but they ended up doing it (reset) as a courtesy.  And thanks, but it seems she's gotten an update this morning on her Note5 to "fix bugs and other problems in the OS", so I'm assuming it's a fix for what MM screwed up.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat