Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 5 sim card error

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 5 sim card error

Anyone else getting an invalid sim card error n a restart? Started happening again after a few weeks. Could it just be a bad sim card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Yes Kelven, the new SIM card works great. Not one error or problem. As a matter of fact, I get better reception here on the Oregon Coast than I have in the past. Thank you Sprint for your support.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

MSCHMIDT4

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out to us today. What troubleshooting steps have you done? Let me know so I can further assist you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Only steps ive done after posting the msg is, update prl and profile. I went into the sprint app and it showed these needed update as well as a system update (which im waiting to do later). This problem started after marshmallow update

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

MSCHMIDT4

I would like to take a look at your account and see if everything is set up the way it should be. Please click here and send me a Private Message. Please include your phone number and security PIN.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Msg sent

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I have the exact same error.

Highlighted
Master

zombietroy,

That's not good!

What is the make and model of your device?

When did this issue begin?

Is your device restarting?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

2 of the phones on my account just got the SIM card error..

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

bramirez818

Hey there! We are sorry about that. Let's try the basic troubleshooting. Go to the dial pad of the phone and dial ##72786#. The device will restart. Please know that this will not delete any of your information.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

So my note 5 just did a system upstate and now says invalid sim card...should I dial that code? When I put it in my phone it says it will reset provisioning parameters to factory default?
Highlighted

SalinasFlex

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Yes, you can try dialing ##72786# as a work around. The device will restart and will complete the hands free activation.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I am also having the same problem. I tried dialing the number and it didn't help. I can restart it, and it will work for maybe 2 minutes.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat