Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 5 sim card error

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 5 sim card error

Anyone else getting an invalid sim card error n a restart? Started happening again after a few weeks. Could it just be a bad sim card?

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted

vanbo024

Thanks for contacting us! We'd like to confirm, have you recently updated your phone? Are you using a new SIM Card? When you try dialing the ##72786#, does the phone restart?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

The phone was recently updated. I was told by people at Sprint that this is a very common problem after the most recent update. I am not using a new SIM card. This problem popped up a couple times throughout the time I have had the phone, but in the past a restart would fix the problem. When I dialed ##72786# it does restart the phone, twice. Once immediately, and a second time to update the settings.

Highlighted

Hey, sometimes the SIM card needs to be removed and reinserted. The sim may not have been properly positioned in the sim card slot and just needed some adjustment. Let me know how it goes.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

That has been tried as well by people at a Sprint store. I have now been without a working phone since Thursday.

Highlighted

In that case, please go back to the store and ask them to provide you with another SIM card. If the new one doesn't work, ask them to review your phone and see what are your options.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I have the same problem. It says insert sim card . I tried this but didn't work it says not registered on network
Highlighted

I have the same problem. It says insert sim card . I tried this but didn't work it says not registered on network.
Highlighted

On the verge of canceling service. Phone keep saying invalid sim since recent update. Bill high, and now this.. very frustrated customer... need help before i just jump ship....
Highlighted

for the last 2 posters. did either of you attempt the ##72786# code attempt that was mentioned in here ?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

This worked for me.

Thanks

Highlighted

My Husband's Note 5 is giving the same SIM card error after the latest system update. We tried the code ##72786# but it did not work... In your previous reply you said this is a work around, what is the true fix for this? Do we need to go into the store for a new SIM card? He has been without a phone for 5 days now and is ready to cancel service since this is the second replacement phone and we continue to have issues that leave him without a phone that we pay a good bit of money to work.

Highlighted

second replacement phone using the same sim card or a different sim card?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat