Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 5 sim card error

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 5 sim card error

Anyone else getting an invalid sim card error n a restart? Started happening again after a few weeks. Could it just be a bad sim card?

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted

Hi Trudy,

What has Sprint done to remedy the situation?

Highlighted

Nothing at all. It's just another Sprint 'glitch' one gets accustomed to. It's not worth struggling with tech support or going to a Sprint store for an hour or two to have them glaze over and not fix it.

Highlighted

Swapping out SIM card doesn't help?

Highlighted

You mean ejecting and re inserting it?  No doesn't seem to do a thing.

@Schotzibella22 wrote:

Swapping out SIM card doesn't help?

You mean ejecting and re inserting it? No doesn't do a thing. I thought it was a transient failure in the SIM card itself until I came here and saw others with exactly the same thing.

Highlighted

I tried that. I meant getting a new SIM card from Sprint.

Highlighted

Hey @Empress_Trudy! Have you tried updating your software to the latest version available? If not, please check to see if you have one available:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Scroll to and tap System Update.

3. Tap Download updates manually.

If a system update is available, follow the prompts to install the update. Otherwise, the device software is up to date.

@Schotzibella22 Did a new SIM card work in your case? Please let me know.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Oh everything is current, always was current. BTW I haven't seen this problem in a month, using the same Hardware. I maintain it's a software/firmware issue caused by a very weak or marginal signal indoors. I suspect that when the Sprint signal essentially switches off and on rapidly the firmware believes there's a fault in the SIM card.

Highlighted

I see! I just saw the post and though of checking with you. Let me know if you see it happen again.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Yes Kelven, the new SIM card works great. Not one error or problem. As a matter of fact, I get better reception here on the Oregon Coast than I have in the past. Thank you Sprint for your support.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat