Nougat update for Note 5?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Nougat update for Note 5?

Any news on when we'll get it?
10 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Nougat update for Note 5?

Not at this time, @RmandoJrsMommy.  I know it can be hard to wait for updates if you're the kind of person who loves all the goodies, tweaks and improvements.  The real truth is, the whole process is kept pretty quiet until the update is actually released.  At that point, release notes are published and Sprint employees find out just about the same time that you, the customer find out.

We didn't have the staff to put up release notes for a while but we've got a new Community Manager and a bit more ability these days, so we're back in the 'release note publishing game.'  What does that mean?  Well, simply put: check back on this specific board because we'll tell you when it's released.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Thank you for replying! I appreciate it! I'll be patient and check back on this post Smiley Happy
Journeyman

Hello seawolf,

I have a sprint Note 5 which is unlocked and use T-Mobile. Does that make a difference? Will I get the update at the same time when Sprint users get it? Thanks!

Journeyman

If you have a Sprint Note 5, you will get the update when Sprint rolls out the update, whether that is before or after T-Mobile rolls out theirs.

Community Manager

Thanks @TwistedKestrel, for providing the answer. @tasteofawesome, I had reached out to some of my device software people for more information.  I got the answer just about the same time Kestrel posted.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally got the nougat update! Yay!
Journeyman

My wife and I just got the OTA push this morning. If you haven't gotten the push notification you can either wait for or check for the update yourself under the settings.

Community Manager

RmandoJrsMommy wrote:
I finally got the nougat update! Yay!

YAY!!!

It is rolled out in stages, so not everybody gets it at once, but I'm glad it's out there.  When we have release notes, we'll put them up.

Smiley Happy

SeaWolf

Journeyman

Got the update and now my sim card is invalid?

GrandMaster

does that still pop up after you restart the phone?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!