cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play Store issues with the Note 5?

Journeyman

Play Store issues with the Note 5?

Anyone else having problems with the play store? I can't download anything from the play store using mobile data. I tried a factory reset, but it didn't do anything. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue. The display model at the sprint store had the same issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Play Store issues with the Note 5?

If the issue is only for not being able to download while on 3G or LTE, go to:

Play store - Menu (top left corner, 3 lines) - settings - First option will be Auto_update apps, select that one, and on the popup select Auto-update apps at any time.

Some users have seen that issue because of misconfigured settings, but you don;t have issues with txt, calls or accessing internet, correct?

Also, apps that are big in size, no matter what settings you have selected, will only download via WiFi, that is a google block to prevent extra charges from carriers.

Please let me know if this helped.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Sprint Product Ambassador

We are not able to duplicate and I would like to gather some more information on the problem you are reporting.

• Are you able to surf the web with out Wi-Fi on?
  • Are you redownloading apps that were on your previous phone or new apps or happens with both?
  • Would you switch the phone to 3G and see if you are able to download from Play Store that way?

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Tried what you said didn't work. I doubt it is a google block since even apps even a few MB in size won;t download off Mobile data

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you able to surf the web with out Wi-Fi on?

Yes I can browse with wifi off

Are you redownloading apps that were on your previous phone or new apps or happens with both

Happens with Both

Would you switch the phone to 3G and see if you are able to download from Play Store that way?

Already tried that it didn't help.

I don't know why you can't replicate the issue. The Display model at the sprint store also had the same issues I was having. It was Store #108

The tech at the store told me they couldn't fix it and I could either wait and hope for an update or return the phone. I decided to return it

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat