Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 software update - version PC3

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 software update - version PC3

Features/Enhancements:

• Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
  • Google and Samsung Security updates
  • Bug Fixes

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 3/24/16 and will be completed by 4/8/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
  • For additional information, check out the software update article in Support
41 REPLIES 41
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 software update - version PC3

"For additional information, check out the software update article in Support"...

Fyi - That page still says last updated December 2015. Excited to hear it's finally happening though. Thanks for the update ☺

GrandMaster

they havent had a chance to update the article lol. to be honest you can pop over to Samsung and they will have the same info in there. the info posted here is from them anyways.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Received the ota mm update at 5:30 this morning. Enormous at over 1 GB.

Journeyman

I got it too, but my phone is running faster and smoother, no hiccups yet. It might be one of your downloaded apps that is creating a ruckus with your phone. Reboot and clear cache and see if that settles things down. Also try booting into safe mode to see if the issues go away, if so, it's definitely one of your apps. If that doesn't help you might have to do a factory reset, back up your stuff first because you will lose your photos messages etc if you don't back them up. Good luck!

GrandMaster

correct..they might also need to update a few of their apps that are no longer compatible with MM..could be the cause. i know after i did the update on a different device a ton of built in apps ended up needing updated. might be the issue here.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

available on smart switch

GrandMaster

what is?

Journeyman

hi, how is your note 5 performance at the moment? thanks

Journeyman

I got the update at 1:30 am my phone is running really good the battery life is better, but I got this little bug every time when I try to open the theme widget on settings I get the message "the settings has stop" or something like that, why I have that  problem

Journeyman

I figured why I had that problem, for some reason after the update the touch wiz got disable I put back enable and the theme widget is working perfect

Journeyman

After update  phone is not recognizing unlock pattern and back up number, my phone is locked, anybody has this issue and how to solve it? thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat